• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Yet another squirrel

Cem_Usakligil

Unsurprisingly, I don't come across those gorgeous bears, eagles, birds, etc. which are portrayed by the likes of Jamie, Eric, Don or any other real wild shooters. Even if I did, I wouldn't know how to shoot them properly. So my hat goes off to these gentlemen for getting those wonderful shots which they generously share with us here. However, I have seen a squirrel or two and this one is just decent enough to share with you here. :)

e10459.jpg

Cheers,

janet Smith

pro member
Great use of shallow DOF Cem, the stone in the bottom LHS anchors the shot nicely, must have been one very friendly squirrel or did you have a handful of nuts?

Cem_Usakligil

Great use of shallow DOF Cem, the stone in the bottom LHS anchors the shot nicely, must have been one very friendly squirrel or did you have a handful of nuts?
Thanks Jan. "Aggressive" would be a better description than "friendly". It was more like "hey buddy, give me all you've got or else!". lol

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Unsurprisingly, I don't come across those gorgeous bears, eagles, birds, etc. which are portrayed by the likes of Jamie, Eric, Don or any other real wild shooters. Even if I did, I wouldn't know how to shoot them properly. So my hat goes off to these gentlemen for getting those wonderful shots which they generously share with us here. However, I have seen a squirrel or two and this one is just decent enough to share with you here. :)Cheers,

e10459.jpg

This is way beyond decent. Cem, this is a wonderful picture of an animal that s taken for granted (and, BTW, for food by the raptors we admire so much). The use of the shallow DOF allows the squirrel to come into view, almost as if it's "sudden", all the time. An excellent composition and way of presentation.

This picture can serve as an archetype to understand the function of soft focus or limited DOF in building a powerful presentation of the concept, "Squirrel". It is further discussed here.

Asher

John Angulat

pro member
"Yet another squirrel" ??? NOT!
He's magnificent! He seems to be pleading for a hand-out!
I really like the shallow DOF and great details - you can truly concentrate on his fine face!