• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here in Jerusalem, Civilizations have painted the landscape with washes of their culture and left behind memories.

Here’s a forgotten graveyard in a park opposite our Hotel, The Brown Hotel, in the Old City of Jerusalem.

B5113C67-9DBE-4E4F-B22D-22CFC9FD4A09.jpeg

482552D9-9547-4919-8ABE-3E09743110B6.jpeg

83A4A790-C512-4400-88CF-919A3D116E1F.jpeg

I will try to find out which invaders tombs these are.

Asher

These are great Asher, but oh, so small. Graveyards don't need to be dreary places or awful. I have some beautiful images taken in a graveyard in Sweden with morning autumn fog, very calm and peaceful, and yes, beautiful!

Jerome Marot

I suppose that the pictures are from an earlier trip. I understood you are in LA at present.

The USA are a recent country, and graveyard are consequently recent. It is quite different in other places. I think that most European cities have graveyards over a century old. Here is a recent picture of one in Munich not far from where I live. Quite a few known people are buried here.

DSC00018.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The USA are a recent country, and graveyard are consequently recent. It is quite different in other places. I think that most European cities have graveyards over a century old. Here is a recent picture of one in Munich not far from where I live. Quite a few known people are buried here.

71BA8EF3-CFF2-4432-ACAD-44A241D250B6.jpeg

Yes, Jérôme, this looks peaceful too!

Do I see a bed of crocus flowers?

Modern North American cemeteries can look like plots of land in a housing development!

I like it when the vegetation is somewhat overgrown or disordered!

Asher