• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

1990, 2015 and 2022

Steven Sinski

AtomicDome.jpg

_D720172_DxO-X2.jpg

_DS97414_DxO-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Jerome Marot

So, what is this? I see 3 pictures of a dilapidated building, presumably taken in 1990, 2015 and 2022. The building has a dome structure on top of oa tower (and that structure shows the artifact of post-processing in the third picture). So: what is that?

Steven Sinski

i have been doing work in Japan since 1990 and i always end up at this location. when i shoot i generally let the image stay till i revisit it and possibly do another round of editing on it. what artifact of post work are you referring to? i ask because the image had little post required as the post sunset and LED lighting that created the environment.

Last edited:

Steven Sinski

i am going to assume you are fairly young compared to me as i find that a knowledge of history seems to be lacking in the educational systems of the world these years.

in 1990 the first time i went there i was approached and ended up having a 4-hour conversation with a "Hibakusha" or survivor of the event while i was at the memorial park. it was highly educational and keeps me coming back as they do teach their children unlike other locations on this planet.

Last edited:

Jerome Marot

i am going to assume you are fairly young compared to me as i find that a knowledge of history seems to be lacking in the educational systems of the world these years.

I am not as young as I wished I were and I certainly know about the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. I just did not know about the monument. The correct link to the wikipedia article is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshima_Peace_Memorial
(you added a point to the link in your post)

As to the artifacts I referred to: look at the last picture. The sky around the dome is dark, but the sky seen through the structure of the dome is lighter. This is an effect typical of HDR processing.

Steven Sinski

oops on the site location but it has been fixed.
you'd be surprised i don't use HDR. in fact i do minimize my post work. it is a combination of sunset and the lighting they use on the building. i am not a fan of HDR at all. it is not in my bag of tricks to use:)

Last edited:

Steven Sinski

all in camera HDR has been off since the day i got it and that was 12 23 2021

And yes I probable can do better on a revisit. Less ego and more effort in post. so i will downline. replacement inserted.

you just have to be there i guess.

Last edited: