• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

2013 Landscapes

MG_1747-2-Frame21.jpg

White Sands Sand Storm

Oh, Okay, this one makes my heart flutter; simply beautiful!

Alain's work is definitely beautiful, I believe that "shapes & forms" are more beneficial to modern photography than traditional landscape since it considers both traditional aesthetics and messages through forms. Yet, shouldn't the thread be at the photographic section of the forum? The MF subject should be more on equipment used and techniques related to equipment...no?

Alain Briot

pro member
CF020149-1000.jpg

Antelope Canyon - Horizontal Panorma version

Stay tuned for the vertical version - I will be posting it soon
!

Chris Calohan

I would so love to attend one of your workshops, but I fear it may be next year, and later if the blooming stock market doesn't settle down. Retirement has its benefits, but also its pitfalls in dealing with a fixed income...arrrggghhhhh. Hadn't thought of that when I got all cocky and turned in my papers.

I like this last piece quite a lot and am enchanted both vertically and horizontally.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
IMG_0505-Flat.jpg

What is Alain doing?

Alain,

At last, one of you in your world!

This is actually a very special photograph as it says a lot about what you love and where you have gone and are going. It makes an excellent portrait in a novel setting. Not post card pretty, but much more meaningful to me.

What a fabulous journey and although you swapped out cameras many times, you kept the same navigator. :)

Asher

Alain Briot

pro member
Thank you Asher. Yes, my vision for this photograph, which was taken by Natalie as I am sure you know, was a self portrait. I was inspired by photographs of the Bentley Visionaries I saw on the Bentley website. This is our first attempt. There will be more. I wasn't sure what pose to take so we tried different things until I thought of looking out in the distance. I want to do another one with a camera, either hand held or on a tripod.

As you say, it is both a portrait of me right now, as well as a testimony to the journey Natalie and I are on. I want it to say 'raise your standards' which is my message both to myself and to my students. It can also be said that I am looking back at this journey, at the distance we covered and at the path we followed. Even though I wasn't thinking about this possibility when we took the photograph, it does lend itself to this metaphorical interpretation.

BTW I'd like to start a discussion on the forum about how forum members raise their standards. Where is the best location to do so on the forum?

Alain

Last edited:

Alain Briot

pro member
Another one of me in my world. We live large. This is the Texas-sized Christmas tree we installed in our backyard this year.

Just kidding! This tree is in the Scottsdale Promenade mall. The twinkles are courtesy of Google. I don't know how they create this effect.

1510376_10152088734185801_1507076570_n-TWINKLE.gif

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!​