• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

5 - 3 Swallows

Jerome Marot

It is certainly a fascinating book, but is not quite the question you were asking. I understood that you wanted "comprehensive models as to how many “units” of certain habitats are needed to make a certain worthwhile difference in species loss or collapse prevention, so as to make insect favorable locations everywhere".

The basic problem is one of balance. There are insects everywhere. If we make a location favorable to a certain insect, we take from other species. Potentially, these other species maybe a valuable link in a long chain for other species and loop back to be essential to the ones we want to protect.

This is the reason why I advocate for decentralised efforts, like kitchen herbs or the simple nests I presented. These are far less likely to go wrong.