• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

600d upgrade for sports

Adam Padac

Hello, im looking for upgrade from my 600d for sports. Im on really tight budget so the only option is problably canon 7d mostly because of that fps. So is there some other option and if the 7d is still good.?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello, im looking for upgrade from my 600d for sports. Im on really tight budget so the only option is problably canon 7d mostly because of that fps. So is there some other option and if the 7d is still good.?
The 7D is a superb camera, but the 7DMark II is totally professional with two memory slots and great AF.

You can find them used. Just look at the shutter count!

Adam Padac

The 7D is a superb camera, but the 7DMark II is totally professional with two memory slots and great AF.

You can find them used. Just look at the shutter count!
I would love to také 7d MK II but it retails second hand around 700eur and the 7d is Like 350eur

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
currently i have 150-600 sigma and looking to buy canon's 70-200
I would highly recommend the 70-200 f4.0 either IS or not.

If you can afford it, the IS is really helpful for sports, but on the 7D, this lens is well-balanced and you could have just AF and manage fine in reasonable light shooting wide open, hand-held.

Asher