• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A day at the museum

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

So, tell me about this. It appears like Richard Serra, but I don’t know this particular work. Where is this and am I correct.

The picture of the little girl running brings this monumental work to life. I presume it’s only sunlight coming from above o. The right and not water!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

So, tell me about this. It appears like Richard Serra, but I don’t know this particular work. Where is this and am I correct.

The picture of the little girl running brings this monumental work to life. I presume it’s only sunlight coming from above o. The right and not water!

Asher
It is a work by Richard Serra, called Open Ended. It weighs 216 ton.
Sunshine indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cem_Usakligil

So, it seems that you have an Instagram account. Tell me about it.
It's an experiment for now. To see how it works.
I have already realized that many people use automated tools to post likes and comments against others' photos, which eventually leads to a lot of likes for their own pictures. As such, IG is totally meaningless, that is my preliminary conclusion.

Jerome Marot

It's an experiment for now. To see how it works.
I have already realized that many people use automated tools to post likes and comments against others' photos, which eventually leads to a lot of likes for their own pictures. As such, IG is totally meaningless, that is my preliminary conclusion.

Well... It is a social network, which means it mirrors society. If one is already world famous, like footballers, singer or socialites, one gets massive amounts of followers and can monetize the feed. If one is not famous, one stays unknown.

Asher Kelman

I am trying to abolish “Likes” here, but so far can’t delete it. It’s a default. I just could only remove the word “Likes” and replaced it with a dot!

We need comments and feedback and “Likes” add nothing the fabric that holds a community together.

Asher Kelman

It is a work by Richard Serra, called Open Ended. It weighs 216 ton.
Sunshine indeed.

Cem,

I know how monumental this must be as I am currently designing a set of waves, each 60 ft high, two rows of ten waves each 2 tons. I thought 40 tons of steel was major! Serra, at 216 tons dwarfs even what I imagine!

You, framing the girl transformed a memorable shot to an outstanding and collectable photograph to be treasured.

Any chance you obtained the parents contact info to send them a print?

Asher