• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A happy couple

Doug Kerr

Last night we attended the regular monthly meeting of the county component of our political party (hint: not Bull Moose, although we are big fans of Theodore Roosevelt) at a really nice local Mexican restaurant. Late in the agenda, the chair called for the group to sing Happy Birthday in honor of my 83rd birthday (actually today, 2019.05.08).

Right after, the girl across the table from us (a newcomer to the group, and I don't just now know her name) borrowed my Panasonic ZS100 and took this cute shot:

Joan Price: Doug and Carla, 2019​

It was a lovely evening, with many great initiatives being discussed and wide-ranging fellowship. The sour cream chicken enchiladas, however, could have been substantially less salty.

Best regards,

Doug

Edited 2019.05.09 2006 2008 MDT to add photographer credit

Last edited:

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Seems like if you two were any more content you’d explode.

Put this one on the mantle piece.

Happy birthday, Doug.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What a beautiful celebration. You perfectly handsome in black and Carla in rich lilac! You both look like illustrations for the word, “jovial”!

...but why all the communication equipment in your top pocket!

Doug and Carla, 2019

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

What a beautiful celebration. You perfectly handsome in black and Carla in rich lilac! You both look like illustrations for the word, “jovial”!

Thank you so much. We were feeling pretty jovial!

...but why all the communication equipment in your top pocket!

Well, I still do a lot of communicating on paper. Those are several colors of regular ball pens (two of the black, so If someone comes up to me and says, "Do you have a spare pen", I can say "Yes", and hand him one; a drafting pencil (for when I need to mark something in pencil); a small LED flashlight (for peering down into things, etc.), and a small felt tip pen (for writing on smooth surfaces).

Best regards,

Doug