• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A juried art show. What? Who, me??

Jean Henderson

Pardon my excitement, but I received notification several hours ago that one of my images has been selected to appear in the juried art show in April at the local university! Not only that, but entries from all over the Northeast were submitted. Here is the image they selected:

5497810515_e2d5a92756_z.jpg

Lake's Edge

Your C&C are welcomed, as always since I only took up digital a little over 18 months ago following the common "back in the day" B/W film work. Also, as the submission process had to include an insurance value, I went ahead, picked what I thought would look like I had already sold something and listed $150 for the 12x18 on 13x19 luster paper. Is this appropriate since I can list a different sale price?

The only other show I've been in was last October's exhibit of my local camera club -- but that was really a "gimme."

Jean

Also, as the submission process had to include an insurance value, I went ahead, picked what I thought would look like I had already sold something and listed $150 for the 12x18 on 13x19 luster paper. Is this appropriate since I can list a different sale price?

Honestly? I guess I have an idea, but I prefer to say that I don't understand it....

Jean Henderson

Hi Georg,

This is what the final entry guidelines say:

"If a work is available for sale, it will be assumed that insurance value = sales
price unless indicated otherwise in writing by the artist."

I'd just to like to know if I've overpriced myself at $150.

BTW, I haven't finished looking at your driftwood yet but would like to say that they are simply beautiful images and you taught me a lot about how to approach a subject. Thank you.

Jean

Hi Georg,

This is what the final entry guidelines say:

"If a work is available for sale, it will be assumed that insurance value = sales
price unless indicated otherwise in writing by the artist."

I'd just to like to know if I've overpriced myself at $150.

Jean

Now I understand, thank Jean and best of luck.

BTW, I haven't finished looking at your driftwood yet but would like to say that they are simply beautiful images and you taught me a lot about how to approach a subject. Thank you.

Awww, this is an honor in deed, as you described precisely my intention of this little exploration, and if only one person looks at it the way you do, I succeeded in my attempt. Thank you!

Jean Henderson

Sorry for the delay in responding, Georg. Your kind comments are appreciated -- and I'm watching that driftwood thread as it grows!

Jean