• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: A look at small flowers in cultivated home gardens!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am so impressed by the dedication folk how to tending small spaces packed with flowering plants, especially when they are low down and allowed to grow as they will!

770C1B1F-C18F-4E5B-9688-E505D2708E32.jpeg

737DFBA8-656C-4A6B-B1D8-1BA29DD6EA89.jpeg

31A8053B-4646-47C1-86E3-A99BF59A532B.jpeg

The top ones are Forget-me-Not, Myosotis. They reseed and you can find them in the woods, in between cracks in your driveway, all over the place. They are cute and beautiful! Quite tiny.

The middle ones confused me for a bit, they look just like Morning Glories, but I didn't know there was a low growing ground variety, and yes, there is! So there you go. (Convolvulus Sabiatus - Yes, I looked up the Latin Name :-D)

and the bottom ones are Mexican Fleabane, Erigeron Karvinskianus (member of the Aster Family, hence the daisy-like appearance). Easy to grow,

All of these plants re-seed on their own, once planted will spread and are care-free.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The top ones are Forget-me-Not, Myosotis. They reseed and you can find them in the woods, in between cracks in your driveway, all over the place. They are cute and beautiful! Quite tiny.

The middle ones confused me for a bit, they look just like Morning Glories, but I didn't know there was a low growing ground variety, and yes, there is! So there you go. (Convolvulus Sabiatus - Yes, I looked up the Latin Name :-D)

and the bottom ones are Mexican Fleabane, Erigeron Karvinskianus (member of the Aster Family, hence the daisy-like appearance). Easy to grow,

All of these plants re-seed on their own, once planted will spread and are care-free.
You are the BESTEST Maggie!

Thanks so much. Did you do a reverse image search or what other detective work?

Asher

Asher
Hi Asher, The forget-me-nots grow around here even in my yard, and the Mexican fleabane looked like Asters so were not hard to find. As for the Morning Glory, they looked exactly like morning glories do, but was not expecting them to be so low to the ground, as I know them as vines that climb. So these were very easy to find with a bit of detective work. The myosotis, (forget-me-nots) no searching at all, I even remembered their real name.

Asher
Hi Asher, The forget-me-nots grow around here even in my yard, and the Mexican fleabane looked like Asters so were not hard to find. As for the Morning Glory, they looked exactly like morning glories do, but was not expecting them to be so low to the ground, as I know them as vines that climb. So these were very easy to find with a bit of detective work. The myosotis, (forget-me-nots) no searching at all, I even remembered their real name.
Impressive. On a desert island you could help us survive!

Asher
Well, maybe not survive, but I could pretty things up ! LOL! :-D