• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A morning Sun in Europe.

We don't really appreciate the small but incredible experiences that nature just gives away.

sun.jpg

This was my Monday morning sun.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ignacio this picture is so appreciated. We hope that you are safe and well protected in Barcelona environs.

Still, I wish I was there! Last time I met a wonderful Catalan woman, a friend of my son, I thought might end up getting out family name. It didn't happen. but we had a great time as she was our personal tour guide to all things Gaudi!

Looking forward to moe from You,

Asher

Ignacio this picture is so appreciated. We hope that you are safe and well protected in Barcelona environs.

Still, I wish I was there! Last time I met a wonderful Catalan woman, a friend of my son, I thought might end up getting out family name. It didn't happen. but we had a great time as she was our personal tour guide to all things Gaudi!

Looking forward to moe from You,

Asher

PANO SUN2.jpg

Hello Asher! I am really fascinated about sunsets, I have been getting up lately appreciating this kind of moments :).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ignacio,

This is such a beautiful scene. You couldn have discovered a more beautiful sky.

Bravo for getting up so early!

But this is just a start. Although the phone is amazing at capturing such a panorama, it’s not orthogonal and correctable as when you build the image from discrete but overlapping separate shots.

This color rich beautiful morning scene deserves to go first class. It’s actually far easier than you might imagine.

If you can download Autopano Giga , PTGUI, (or one of the others in the link below), then you can use a series of overlapping pictures and stitch. Under these circumstances you can build a perfectly orthogonal panorama.

But there are many more software choices in 2020: look here. PTGUI is particularly well developed.

You can choose.

Either stay in one place and rotate the camera, each time slightly around an imaginary stationary nodal point in front of the lens.

Or

Take a series of orthogonal overlapping pictures, each time moving two paces to one side, until you have covered the entire scene.

In the latter case you will inform the software that the camera position was moved each time and that will be taken into consideration.

You mark objects you want removed or keep, (if you so wish), and allow the software to do the rest.

The really hard part is the will to get out to the fresh air by the beach at 5:30 am!

Asher

Alex Johnson

The photos are incredible! The morning sun is the most beautiful. The sunsets are also amazing though. This is such a daily occurrence, the beauty of which we do not always notice. It seems to me that only photographers and artists can draw our attention to such natural processes.