• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Muse Visits! A Muse of 14 Years I Will Never Meet!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
D5329FF5-4B5A-4C40-908B-B21620ED9BB2.jpeg

Diana Ankudinova

Three years ago a 14 year old Russian girl, (removed at age 3 from her cruel abusive drunk mother), took to the stage to be recognized as a unique powerful chanteuse of the power of Edith Piaff

watch the video here

Now, again 3 years later, better sound!

Her story is inspiring that inspire of a terrible start in life, the human spirit can be healed.

Asher Kelman

That was several years ago. Now she’s 4 years older and a famous 18 year older!
Amazingly, she has garnered over 9.7 million views to her video as of January 2021!

7D610CCA-4197-4F36-A4D5-168B364D7947.jpeg

Diane Ankudinova

Here’s her as a fabulous more grown up young lady 4 days ago!

B93907E4-E21F-4DC6-873E-0347B9562EF2.jpeg

Diana Ankudinova

Asher Kelman

So what are the dynamics.

In short, Diana covered a song released by the French singer Adila Sendrïa 2013, dealing with a girl leaving home with a suitcase, facing hostile passers by and a crowded misty metro. The song talks about the feelings of lost love and punishment expected to an abandoned ordinary girl. Here solution is to danse and fly despite wind and rain to over one rejection, isolation and pain.

This young Russian girl, Diana, in her interpretation condenses all these powerful complex feelings into her soul and the sound comes from her lips truthfully, as if from an adult with insight, passion and will to survive pain. This is her brilliance!

Asher

Asher Kelman

This 18 year old should be allowed into your world as she must inspire you to look around and enjoy life’s riches and even celebrate tears and anguish.

She is extraordinary in having control of her body as a musical instrument. She can transport you to a Russian wedding or a medieval Gregorian chorus.

Let me introduce you to the American Chi’s Isaac’s “Wicked Games” sung by Diana.

This is haunting. She uses her unique contralto voice to move you spiritually and pull strings in your being you were no linger connected to.

Her voice range is likely 3 octaves and she seems to modify a musical body to deliver spirits from the anguish of Dante’s Inferno, The Inquisition’s Auto deFeu and the Cafés of Montmartre.

I hope she inspires you in your own creative work.

I am stricken!

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

But she improves in many dimensions: stage presentation as well as the approach and intimacy of her performance.

The Photographic composition of the sets for her songs have the rich benefit of Russian stage presentations in theater, ballet and opera.

AC9F02B8-C64F-49D0-B224-0AEBCF77B201.jpeg

We see now further sophistication in images and videography to match her ever evolving personal expression of songs WD though we already knew.
Today she is pushing boundaries and now gas presence beyond Russia through the internet.
This cover of “Wicked Games” has grown and but is still mesmerizing!

ED5AAEEB-FCB3-48FF-B5EF-E0F9C4A6C6DD.jpeg

Her repertoire expands like the Universe, accelerations in diversity but consistent in the sincere expression of deep heartfelt emotions, desires, regrets and devotion.

Asher Kelman

Feel invited to comment on the concept of a singer being our muse for art and photography. If you listen to her voice and emotive universe she paints around you, are you moved?

Does an artist like this evoke passion for more heartfelt and artistic expression?

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
My ears are not attuned to such chords and rhythms.
The music is pleasant enough although a bit folksy. Probably Russian pop pulp.
If it gets Putin to cry it’s probably akin to having his testicles caught in the dumbbells.

I for one do not have, want or need a muse. I have enough rumblings in my head.

On an occasion Apple Music will make a selection on my behalf and take me to a place I would rather be.

Such is the case with Beth Gibbons.

she doesn’t have a sad story that I’m aware of. But she sure sings like she has.

music, like any art, can’t have favourites. Individual taste still plays a part. Emotion is a big part of that.

my black soul is best suited to Portishead and the like.

Asher Kelman

Tom,

Glad you visited.

Putin, and the KGB poisoners, wouldn’t listen to her covers of such emotive French and English songs. They are neither Russian, “pleasant” and certainly not “folksy”!

But your choice works. I enjoyed it very much and will listen more to her recordings now. Thanks!

Of course Art appreciation is personal. No one has the same baggage! But the metaphors are transcultural and key. Without metaphors there is no language!

Some folk can’t take alcohol, gamble or just capture with a camera what’s there.

I try to create what’s not there obviously or until a vision is evoked.

If you do not create what’s before your camera, I can see less function to a muse!

Asher

Jerome Marot

I have no idea of Wladimir Putin's musical tastes, but I know that it is quite possible for a woman less young and less conventionally attractive to sing. For example:

Asher Kelman

Indeed, Jérôme!

Your response is succinct and to the point!

She too turns out to be a great inspiration! Each of us will be moved with different intensity.

But when the voice resonates and makes one want to create too, then one has found a person to mentally fuel one’s own aspirations, using that admiration and synchrony to wake up the hidden ventures in thr Cathedral of our minds.

That’s my idea of a muse: only the influence and versatility has to be beautiful!

Of course classical beauty and charm of a an attractive person is wonderful to behold. But here you have shown that such attributes, if used as gatekeepers for talent, excludes some of the very best on the planet!

Asher