• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

a view through the blossoms

Steven Sinski

this is one i forgot i think

_DS91921_DxO copy-X3 - Copy.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Steven,

You sculpt revelation!

This is a beautiful work and a great surprise to inspire a new day!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was thinking of getting a camera like that! It has a stellar reputation and your work confirms that!
Sony RX100 v5
I am also looking at the full frame 35mm focal length Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX1R II 35mm fixed focal length camera versus the APS C Fuji X100V, perhaps the best designed fixed lens pocketable camera ever.m with an “equivalent 35mm full frame” focal length of ~ 38mm.

Each weighs about 1 Lb and should be far better for me than the heavy Fuji MF I lug around!

Asher

Steven Sinski

Myself, I lean heavily towards zooms primarily so I can manouver in situations of crowed environments and distance. Everything is a compromise when it comes to each individuals personal needs and wants.

The Fuji x-pro was to me a should of, would have, could have body. But it seems that they just couldn't get it together in their own design group to stay on point as to what they were creating. They kept on changing it instead of refining it.

Last edited:

Steven Sinski

consistency and flow in design. stick with one basic design and then evolve it. to me they seem like children playing with lego. instead think about usability. unfortunately, these are dead cameras
_DSC6153_DxO copy 2.jpg

i had their X10 and still have their X20 point and shoots. i still go out and shoot with the X20. by todays so called standard it has its pluses still and of course the losses from age. the X20 is/was a competent camera.
what i liked on this camera is that
- the zoom was strictly mechanical
- looking through the eyepiece gave you shooting info
- it took filters
- it did not have the soap on a rope feel not too small
- even gave the zoom value in FF equivalent.

Last edited: