• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Action or behavior of animals, creatures, (& carnivorous plants), of the wild!

Dave Butcher

Good shots, David!

Just imagine this scaled up to just 4 times the size and it could eat a dog or lamb!

We are only seeing the small versions of these elegant beasts!

Asher
The Great Blue Heron Stands 36 to 54 inches (head to tail) and has a wing span of 66 to 79 inches. They are a somewhat opportunistic feeder. This one surprised me at the fact that it went after a mole and actually ate it. I did some research after taking these photos and found out that this is not unusual for these birds. Thank you for the comments Asher.

adamsmith

A couple of images from earlier this year - couldn't help but join in the fun here (not for voting).

What A Day I'm Having! - Sculpin vs Pied-billed Grebe (Ding Darling NWR, FL):

Osprey Mating - Blue Cypress Lake, FL:

Best,
I really like both images.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wonderful picture!

I have been trying to search on the web for “exploding moth” but so many folk are posting about “exploding in a mouth” that moth is dropped from the search.

I found exploding suicidal ants but not moths!

Asher