• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

And then there were the Cardinals

Chris Calohan

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The male red all over with a black face is classic. The female doesn’t have much of a black face, LOL! But I claim no expertise!

I am a learner and delighted to see that you entice them with a bird feeder.

One unique benefit of these birds is that when bitten by mosquitoes with West Nile Fever, the virus cycle seems to be overcome by the birds immunity. That means that this species is relatively no increased reservoir threat around humans and horses when the mosquitoes borne virus transmission is on the news!

Asher

Chris Calohan

I do not have my feeders back up. What they are attracted to is the abundance of bugs and larvae on all the dead or nearly dead trees left over from the storm. We lost the equivalent of 2.8 million acres of trees and those remaining are just shells of what they once were.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, “bon appetit” for these lucky birds. Perhaps it will help a few threatened species!

Still loss of trees itself has a domino effect!

Asher