• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Arca-Swiss to Lighting Stud plate.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Has anyone seen an adapter that takes one from a strobe to a tripod? Ideally going from a stud to an Arca-Swiss plate.

Asher

Asher,
What type of attachment does your strobe head have?
My first thought would be to remove the attaching screw from the AS plate, then screw into it from the opposite side something like a Manfrotto 013 spigot adaptor.
Really depends on what attachment the head needs, but I'm certain there's something out there that has your required head attachment on one end, and a 3/8 (or 1/4) thread on the other, that will screw into the AS plate from above.
John.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I thought of that but wan't sure how stable it might be. I could always cement it in place. I was thinking of machine one. I was wondering if people might need them or if it already xisted. I'll look at Belair and Samys and see what they have for that!

Thanks for the idea,

Asher