• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Autopano Pro 2.0 and Autopano Giga released

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Karsten,

I haver an 8 core Mac at work so I'll try it. I'm excited!

If anyone has comments, tips or ideas on the new Giga version, let's share it here!

Asher

Hi Asher and Nicolas,

the 64-bit version still has some bugs (does not permanently accept the license number, does not save the preferences, this depends on how you quit the program, close-button in window works, quit via menue does not save the preferences) - but Lionel is working on it and has sent me different program version to test.

I am very interested to see the differences (32-bit vs. 64-bit) in performance when using 16 GB RAM.

Up to now I am still working with PTgui and AutopanoPro - still PTgui has under some cicumstances the better auto-controlpoint detection -or maybe I do not know how to manually create control points in AutopanoPro?!

Karsten

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Asher and Nicolas,

the 64-bit version still has some bugs (does not permanently accept the license number, does not save the preferences, this depends on how you quit the program, close-button in window works, quit via menue does not save the preferences) - but Lionel is working on it and has sent me different program version to test.

Yes I've found the same…

Did the bugs get ironed out from the new version? There was quite a lot of them at the beginning then I lost touch.

Hi Ben,

With a software as complex as Autopano Pro/Giga, for multiple OS platforms and having to deal with a variety of graphic cards (to exploit the Open GL functionality), it is likely for bugs to surface. However, for my specific system and usage, it (V2.02) works fine at the moment. To follow progress on the issues yet to be resolved, and whether they are likely to affect you I suggest to check the APP/G bugs forum. Make sure to only read the threads for your OS (no benefit in worrying about other users' problems).

The benefits for improved Control point editing are significant, compared to the <2 versions, especially if you have a suitable graphics card. You can also install APG in its own subdirectory just like APP. That allows to fall back to the previous version should you need to.

Bart

P.S. Also don't forget that some reported issues are user error related ...