• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Autumn Colors: from whatever plants you find!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love tge fall, but in Southern California we have to be really lucky to get rich colors.

This year the leaves are fabulous!

First using an iPhone XS Max

C722A5F8-2280-44C5-9F91-E199A693B8B6.jpeg

Next a Fuji GFX 50s Professional camera

E10F0DA6-91D4-4C8F-B38D-F7265BCA6919.jpeg

Add your own captures!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Yours are ethereal, Maggie!

Here’s another on gold! I sprayed the leaves with water and put them in the refrigerator in a sealed plastic bag until led lights arrived today. Then I put tissue paper of the light for diffusion and replaced the leaves!

E8ABDA99-02FA-4D57-B274-B6BC5795ACC3.jpeg

Asher Kelman: Leaves on Gold II
Transilluminated from Below

Asher

Alex Johnson

Very bright colors. Why do we need sci-fi films with vivid pictures if we are surrounded by such colors, such a riot of nature every day? Our Earth is too beautiful for us to look at cosmic fantasies. Although, perhaps we need contrast between real and unreal in order to see what surrounds us.

Asher Kelman

Very bright colors. Why do we need sci-fi films with vivid pictures if we are surrounded by such colors, such a riot of nature every day? Our Earth is too beautiful for us to look at cosmic fantasies. Although, perhaps we need contrast between real and unreal in order to see what surrounds us.
Alex,

Thanks so much for stopping by and your kind comments. I agree with you!

Nature has both dull, dreary as well as bright and exciting colors. I think it’s a matter of choosing to bring home the uplifting ones.

What I don’t like, (unless it’s by Yves Saint Laurent, Givenchy or Hermes), clothes in vivid invented uniform colors. Most often umbrellas, fast food signage and woman’s long tall plastic boots are like that, and to me, so rude and crude!

I like the rich colors or nature, as they are varied with surprises and nuances. That extra is what is so seductive.

Asher