• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Warning: and are NSFW. Threads may start of as text only but then pictures could be added as part of a discussion or to make some point. This is not for family viewing without a parent's consent and supervision. If you are under age 18, please do not use this section
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Beverly Hills Synagogue Vandalized

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks James for bring this to our attention!

This torn scroll is the handwritten 3,000 year old original source of all Christian Bibles. Moreover, it serves as the basis for much of Western Civilization march on a path above ambition and power towards a more just society!

Unfortunately, a lot of folk are still teaching hatred of Jews.

That’s why it’s so important that Trump has, for the first time, a week ago, included Jews in the concept of a “people” so that Civil Rights we assume applies to all, protects Jews irrespective of how the prejudice is framed, be it religious of as an ethnic group.

Meanwhile we are getting about one such horrifying attack, after another every week.

In a similar attack in neighboring Santa Monica, because the perpetrators merely smeared feces on the scriptures and didn’t leave a written note, the police said it was therefore not a “hate crime”!

Go figure!

Asher

James Lemon

Thanks James for bring this to our attention!

This torn scroll is the handwritten 3,000 year old original source of all Christian Bibles. Moreover, it serves as the basis for much of Western Civilization march on a path above ambition and power towards a more just society!

Unfortunately, a lot of folk are still teaching hatred of Jews.

That’s why it’s so important that Trump has, for the first time, a week ago, included Jews in the concept of a “people” so that Civil Rights we assume applies to all, protects Jews irrespective of how the prejudice is framed, be it religious of as an ethnic group.

Meanwhile we are getting about one such horrifying attack, after another every week.

In a similar attack in neighboring Santa Monica, because the perpetrators merely smeared feces on the scriptures and didn’t leave a written note, the police said it was therefore not a “hate crime”!

Go figure!

Asher

They need to catch this guy. I thought an attack against any identifiable group is considered a hate crime?

James

Asher Kelman

They need to catch this guy. I thought an attack against any identifiable group is considered a hate crime?

James
Stupid laws have a check-off list for what constitutes a hate crime and it might also then still depend on the sympathies of the local police themselves!

Asher

Asher Kelman

California hate crime laws.

Example: Several teenagers vandalize a Jewish temple. In addition to being charged with ordinary vandalism, they may face much more severe penalties if they were motivated by bias against the Jewish religion.

https://www.shouselaw.com/hate-crime.html
Now, under Trumps executive order, even if it’s not bias against “religion”, just being Jewish” or having Jewish identity, it now is a hate crime.

This to Jews is a major needed protection. Palestinian political groups are incensed as it might now limit the harassment of Jews in colleges who get attacked for anything connected with Israel or supporting Zionism. Today, even in the best colleges, while you can peacefully learn tango and Other Spanish dances, Israeli dancing is considered in some places and affront to Palestinian Rights.

A talk on “King David” in Jerusalem and “Solomon’s Temple” is considered “fraud” as “Jews were never in Israel”! The Hebrew coins dig up by archaeologists under any part of Israel are claimed to be “forgeries” by suddenly new Palestinian claims! It’s part of a delegitimization campaign.

The stronger Israeli as a free democratic society, the more “victimhood” Palestinians wrap themselves in. This is nothing passive but highly organized in almost every college thought the United States!

[Fantastically, the “Black Hebrews”, who viciously hate Jews too, and also claim that they are the true Jews and we are “imposters”!]

So Jews in colleges can find themselves running a gauntlet of bias at every stage from diverse sources. So adding the broader concept of recognizing “being Jewish” as equivalent to say, “coming from Nigeria” in ethnicity, is going to help protect the students from constant harassment now the norm in more than s few American universities, even Stanford!

Asher

James Lemon

Now, under Trumps executive order, even if it’s not bias against “religion”, just being Jewish” or having Jewish identity, it now is a hate crime.

This to Jews is a major needed protection. Palestinian political groups are incensed as it might now limit the harassment of Jews in colleges who get attacked for anything connected with Israel or supporting Zionism. Today, even in the best colleges, while you can peacefully learn tango and Other Spanish dances, Israeli dancing is considered in some places and affront to Palestinian Rights.

A talk on “King David” in Jerusalem and “Solomon’s Temple” is considered “fraud” as “Jews were never in Israel”! The Hebrew coins dug up by archaeologists under any part of Israel are claimed to be “forgeries” by suddenly new Palestinian claims! It’s part of a delegitimization campaign.

The stronger Israeli as a free democratic society, the more “victimhood” Palestinians wrap themselves in. This is nothing passive but highly organized in almost every college thought the United States!

[Fantastically, the “Black Hebrews”, who viciously hate Jews too, and also claim that they are the true Jews and we are “imposters”!]

So Jews in colleges can find themselves running a gauntlet of bias at every stage from diverse sources. So adding the broader concept of recognizing “being Jewish” as equivalent to say, “coming from Nigeria” in ethnicity, is going to help protect the students from constant harassment now the norm in more than s few American universities, even Stanford!

Asher
Thanks for your breakdown Asher!

Asher Kelman

The shock, I will never get over 6 year old catholic school girls, holding hands in pairs, bravely matching between a gauntlet of angry swearing, spitting Protestant Ulster women screaming “Mary-loving whores!”

The venom possible from folk who do bible study astonishes me!

And I bet if you meet these women privately, they would seem kind and considerate and the “victims” of Catholicism!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
It does seem from this side of the fence different subsets of the same religion or vaiations on which deity is in charge is the source of this antagonism.
Most also seem to have lost sight of the note attached to the first stone thrown.
If I take sides I become the target, so I’ll stay an observer.
But I do get bored readily.
pits a good thing the tribes wear funny hats otherwise I wouldn’t know who was winning.
Then again, no-one seems to be ahead on points so I’ll go back to where it does make sense.
The Origins of Morality by Michael Tomasello doesn’t mention any version of the bible or Jewish connection.
Funny that.
I might throw a note over the fence to that effect. It might quieted things down a bit. But I doubt it. The teams seem too intent on finding differences than similarities.

Asher Kelman

Tom,

Who here asks you to take sides?

There are no “sides” when an old man is attacked and shot dead or a boy has his jaw whacked open. What “sides” do you see?

So sorry the repeated antisemetic attacks here in the USA are such a bore to you. That’s a drag!

Must be like having to keep hearing of rats having fleas and itching! Uninteresting to the nth!!

My apologies!

Asher

Asher Kelman

And as to morality, Tom, one doesn’t need Tomasello admittedly imaginative 200 page book, explanations and guesses.

I posit that most folk are moral without a need for books or bibles, just a normative family and enough hugs! So I’m not interested in the “why” of morality, just the brutal exceptions!

The latter are taught!

No two sides about that!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Is the fabric of society being torn apart because of selfishness leaving behind a pile of fragile, threads?
James,

People are naturally welcoming to the stranger and helpful to the weak!

Our cultures, especially religious teachings, can sometimes suppress normal human empathy we are born with until we are divided! This turns to hatred!

Hate is something culturally developed and cultivated as a skill akin to cooking soup, hunting or fly-fishing!

White children in nursery school don’t distinguish Blacks or Hispanics, Asians or kids with glasses as outsiders.

However, gradually, those prejudices, from parents and society filter down and the kids in middle school already become divided by ethnicity! It’s all taught!

Asher

Asher Kelman

There is also ample evidence that killing your neighbours, raiding their stores, burning their fields and raping their women has a very long tradition.
Of course, Jérôme!

But in one’s own community the normative social contract is against such behavior.

The technique used by those who target immigrants is to caricature their clothing style, looks or customs and blame them for the community’s problems. Calling them parasites, rats and disease carriers is another technique. Once they are defined as “external” or “other” than our trusted group it’s easier to frame them as enemy # 1!

But this has to be taught as does fly-fishing or making a great stew!

The ingredients in the stew can come from diverse inputs: religion, economic jealousy or political movements!

Even merely naming a group of students “red”, “green” or “blue”, team members or even more powerfully, the particular names like, “The House of Ellis” or “The House of Radcliffe”, (which have a sense of privilege or selection by merit), results in one group really believing in themselves as a defined body that has to humiliate the other groups!

Asher