• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Pao,

Superb portrait of thr bird!

This is one gloriously beaked eagle! Most impressive metal looking beak I have seen!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Remarkably differently engineered beaks!

The scaly breasted mulia have massive structures I guess for crushing things whereas the song bird has a long delicate beak for small insects and nectar, perhaps!

Yet, I’m on a genome level there might be simply duplication of sections of DNA or some minor modifications teasing out these differences. This to me is so fascinating.

As long as there is a varied niche to feed in, birds will adapt their anatomy and behavior to thrive there.

Imagine, this amazing propensity is already present once organic chemicals form in ocean hot springs!

That to me is mind boggling!

Asher