• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Bring us your Citrus still life!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Of course you love the scent of lemon peel and perhaps a squeeze of fresh lime in your IPA beer.

I find citrus also interesting in that they have form, color and distinctive texture!

3888EB2F-05DB-43DC-AA64-98628D275968.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Lemon on Kawai Piano”

Please add your own examples and feel welcome to comment!

Asher

Okay, the other day I couldn't comment here, as there was a hanging post that wouldn't delete, but now it has disappeared. These lemons seem really fresh and I love how you have them with leaves attached. You probably picked
them right from the tree. Here, this never happens. I would love it!

Asher Kelman

I hope others will go through their albums and share diverse pictures with any citrus that is lit interestingly or has a key role in the image!

Asher

Asher Kelman

This is from my neighbors tree in his front garden adjacent to my home.

Amazingly he was my student in Medical School in Boston, some 50 years ago! Imagine my surprise when I discovered he and his two sons are ophthalmologists and live next door to me!

There’s something special about a solitary lemon growing on its own with no neighbors? Does it benefit by getting more nutrition?

8583BFCD-C73B-43C2-A941-9AD4A2C7DDB8.jpeg

I like the light is sufficiently asymmetrical to allow the surface texture and solid form to be appreciated!

Asher

I imagine it must be so marvelous to actually have a lemon hanging from a tree, and just pluck it. You are fortunate. Looks great, tastes so fresh too!