• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Calendar Covers

Traditionally each year I prepare a little home-made calendar for my family back in Russia.
Mostly pictures of the kids, nothing fancy.

This year, however, I think I came out with a pretty good sunrise/sunset idea for the front/back covers, so I wanted to share:)

Front Cover:

113422690-L.jpg

Back Cover:

113423517-L.jpg

What I like about them - the type layers actually lie on top of the landscape ones, yet they appear being behind. And no tedious manual masking!:)

Marian,

Marian Howell said:
neat idea...well done! and great shots too!
how did you do the type layers for that result?

Thanks!

Just applied a few styles (bevel & emboss, inner glow, etc), and of course, used Blend If sliders :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well Nikolai,

You had better give your secret recipe for Blend if! :)

I love your creativity, as you know!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Hi Nikolai,

It's a nice work Nikolai.
I like the second one best.
They will be glad, there in Russia, to see the beautiful work you make.

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

Welcome! I'm so pleased to see you here. your pictures on SmugMug and Digital Grin are so wonderful! You are a talented photographer, and I'm sure Nikolai wont mind me diverting his topic, this once, just for me to express how much I enjoy your work.

We look forward to seeing your pictures posted here!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Overdoing? Moi?

I just say it as I see it. It's pretty simple; I look, react, feel and think. Happens quickly! My comments represent my true impressions, not necessarily the truth!

Still, I imagine others might even have similar thoughts, but then that's my enthusiasm. :)

Asher

Antonio,

Antonio Correia said:
Hi Nikolai,

It's a nice work Nikolai.
I like the second one best.
They will be glad, there in Russia, to see the beautiful work you make.

Welcome to OPF!

Asher, we can now start OPF/Lisboa:) (I know, I know, you're in Setubal, but hey, Lisbon is probably closer to Setubal than SF is to LA:)

Cheers!

Antonio Correia

Nikolai Sklobovsky said:
Welcome to OPF!

Asher, we can now start OPF/Lisboa:) (I know, I know, you're in Setubal, but hey, Lisbon is probably closer to Setubal than SF is to LA:)

Cheers!

Why not ?
Portugal is a small place Nikolai.
Setubal, as probably you have seen, is 40 kms from Lisboa. In terms of time it's 45 minutes.
Distances in Europe are not like those in Russia or America or Africa... You do know this. :)
Cheers

Asher Kelman

We'll have to look you up on a map of Portugal. (I know where it is, we fly to England then turn right!). We'll go back to Europe to visit again next year I hope. spain and Portugal would be a great idea!

How about it, Nicolas? Something to think about!

Asher

Asher,

Asher Kelman said:
We'll have to look you up on a map of Portugal.
It's right here :)

Antonio, 40km in States is about 25 min by car:)
That is, unless you live in LA next to 405, where mere 5 km around Getty Center can cost you an hour:)

Peace:)

Antonio Correia

Nikolai Sklobovsky said:
It's right here :)

Antonio, 40km in States is about 25 min by car:)
That is, unless you live in LA next to 405, where mere 5 km around Getty Center can cost you an hour:)

Peace:)

Well Nik,

May be I have over did it a bit.
That all depends on the traffic.

The other day I did the motor way, at night, in 15 minutes as I was speeding at 100 miles/hour.

But the speed limit in Portugal is 120 km/h and that mean - without trafic - about 20/25 minutes.
:)

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Oh, your country of Portugal is lovely. I was there in June and I think we go back next November. We were there St. Anthony Day and day after and our tour company forgot about us at the dock - we were on a cruise. So we took a cab and missed some of the experience. But lovely ride about the city - all dressed up from the holiday. And because the car we ordered was not at the dock, we missed too many photo ops. I recommend a few days at least- much to capture. My eyes and heart were sad not to take it back with me on Compact flash!

Antonio Correia

Kathy Rappaport said:
Oh, your country of Portugal is lovely. I was there in June and I think we go back next November. We were there St. Anthony Day and day after and our tour company forgot about us at the dock - we were on a cruise. So we took a cab and missed some of the experience. But lovely ride about the city - all dressed up from the holiday. And because the car we ordered was not at the dock, we missed too many photo ops. I recommend a few days at least- much to capture. My eyes and heart were sad not to take it back with me on Compact flash!

"our tour company forgot about us at the dock" - I'm sorry.
Where are the pictures ?
Thank you for the nice words.