• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Callanish Standing Stones

Jarmo Juntunen

Callanish (Calanais) Standing Stones is a magnificent setting of, well, standing stones in Isle of Lewis, Scotland. They are older than the pyramids or Stonehenge, and like Stonehenge their original purpose is unknown.

We did a tour of Scotland this May to mark my wife's 50th anniversary. This is the first postcard from that journey I'll be posting here.

Callanish%20Standing%20Stones-08.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Callanish (Calanais) Standing Stones is a magnificent setting of, well, standing stones in Isle of Lewis, Scotland. They are older than the pyramids or Stonehenge, and like Stonehenge their original purpose is unknown.

We did a tour of Scotland this May to mark my wife's 50th anniversary. This is the first postcard from that journey I'll be posting here.

Callanish%20Standing%20Stones-08.jpg
Do you mean 50th birthday?

Yea the stone columns are so impressive. Have they done archaeological digs to look for artifacts in the layers of soil?

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

They had a nice visitor's centre. There was quite a bit about the history of the stones (and of the Outer Hebrides). I need to ask my wife about it, I usually just rush past the exhibits :-D