• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

caresizligin basina vurdugu an

Cem_Usakligil

kizgin2.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Cem
Imantsification? ;-)

Intent? what's the set-up? is it a lucky picutre or is it completely foreseen and built?

Thanks!

PS Frightening BTW!

And where ?

Google was of no help, or limited help, by returning Turkisch websites.

The picture certainly draws my attention. So expressive that at least I skip over the technical bits. Must be good then.

Now, please, what is this man doing and why?

Thanks, Martin

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's not oftenIadmit failure. Well, at least so far. I found the phrase caresizligin basina vurdugu not recognized and not translated by any Turkish to English translator. I called a service to confirm it was Turkish but they wanted to charge me for telling me what it means! The first word "caresizligin" is in a bunch of poetic works by a Turkish poet. "vurdugo" brings up UTube videos. If this was work for the CIA and they paid I'd keep going. I already get the Imantization strategem but it's like hearing a joke with the punch line in colloquial Latin used as the esperanto of British bible Scholars. I'm sure it is humorous and just seeing the combination would make me think of Imants K since I often have to guess and look things up. I get miffed, swear I'll not spend the time, but do it anyway. There's a wish not to lose out on some promise of wisdom, I suppose!

We're always looking for some great insight to life and guess what, imants sets a trap that we fall into! now Cem has done it. If anyone else follows suit I'll not be able to get anything done!

however, this time, I refuse to look at the picture without translation and an explanation as to why Turkish English Dictionaries don't recognize the words! Perhaps we're missing the odd accents that appear under the letter c like ç and so forth!

Asher

nicolas claris

rfjorf rofprpf e^hsahbiefek kmfefl haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hi Cem
Thanks! you may laugh! not a LoL, a real laugh!

It's amazing how one can be open minded with one "artist" and not with the other…

It is the very 1st time I can read that Asher refuses to look at a picture!
Cem, you got the point there!

Asher, I am sure this was Cem sens of humour to demonstrate that a pic post without explanation, intent and so on is a post thrown in the empty space of the Internet.
Aucun discours sur le travail d'artiste ne peut justifier le dédain que nous avons pu lire par ailleurs. Trop facile!

however, this time, I refuse to look at the picture without translation and an explanation as to why Turkish English Dictionaries don't recognize the words!

Asher Kelman

however, this time, I refuse to look at the picture without translation and an explanation as to why Turkish English Dictionaries don't recognize the words!

Hi Cem
Thanks! you may laugh! not a LoL, a real laugh!

It's amazing how one can be open minded with one "artist" and not with the other…

It is the very 1st time I can read that Asher refuses to look at a picture!
Cem, you got the point there!

Asher, I am sure this was Cem sense of humour to demonstrate that a pic post without explanation, intent and so on is a post thrown in the empty space of the Internet.
Aucun discours sur le travail d'artiste ne peut justifier le dédain que nous avons pu lire par ailleurs. Trop facile!
Well, my friends, Cem and Nicolas,

The untitled picture gives me freedom to imagine any universe attached to it for context. At least if I know other examples from that body of work I can deduce intent and meaning.

With a dark picture so far removed from work seen of Cem before, except the famous dark bridge in B&W, I had no way of penetrating the cast iron framework that a defined title in some form of Turkish had created for me, perhaps the only person here not fluent in that tongue!

I decided it was to be taken as a piece of performance art. It was required that we don't understand and remain perplexed and annoyed at both our ignorance and the photographers impudence!

Still, I cannot stand not comprehending the secret message in this!

So this consumed more time than I wish to admit. Yes it's a better picture with the title. Just do me a favor, at least put a translation in Dutch upside down so I have a chance of solving the puzzle in less than 30 minutes!

Asher

nicolas claris

Cem did only pushed a little more Imants concept… to show is ununderstanding of the posts made without clear titles and intent description.

He did succeed perfectly!

Asher Kelman

Cem did only pushed a little more Imants concept… to show is ununderstanding of the posts made without clear titles and intent description.

He did succeed perfectly!
You see Nicolas,

We have all learned something. Cem has discovered that a picture he thought little of, is far better appreciated than he imagined.

So, Cem, from now on if your good wife likes it, the chances are it's good to show.

Next the very obscure title forces one to find relevance and in fact pay more attention than otherwise would be assigned by our brains. We just don''t want to miss out on food, money, sex or a way to be wiser than we deserve. So we fall into a trap set by the artist and devote more time and so get to appreciate the picture we'd hardly explore otherwise.

So for sure, we've learned a little. It's humbling to learn that Imant's seemingly conceited way of presenting work actually may force a clear choice: "Make some effort to understand my work or else go elsewhere for your kicks!"

Now if everyone was imantsificated, then would it still work?

Asher

james sperry

was geht ab mit diesen bild? verstehe ich nicht.

i'm trying to get the connection of the picture with the statement. if i had never read the statements in the thread, i would have just figured it was a fellow photographer from a different country. maybe trying to convey a feeling of, death closing in on a person ..... or ...... just sharing a picture of a street performer.
but, i read the statements before i commented and now i'm lost in thoughts of other viewers.
so, is there a game within this forum?
i enjoy imants' photos ........ now, i can't look at them the same wondering if maybe i've just never really understood the photos at all ....... or even worse ........ any other photo that i've looked at.