• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Street Color Challenge: A Fallen Leaf!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Color is everywhere. The fall is enjoyed for the rich color of leaves. In Southern California, even i. early April we have leaves that lingered, finally drop.

I notice them!

Asher Kelman: A Fallen Leaf #1

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher Kelman: A Fallen Leaf #2
Yo are invited to comment and to post your own fallen leaves!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I passed the leaf at the end of my street on the way to lunch.

It was still there when I returned. It had dried but not been crushed underfoot or by cars.

So I brought it home and tossed it in my gold plated bowl.

First I snapped a shot with my iPhone 6+ and crashed.

Asher Kelman : Leaf on Gold #1

The next day I was rested and went for my Fuji GFX with the 62-64 mm capable lens.

Asher Kelman : Leaf on Gold a Day Later

I picked up the reflection of a skylight above to build a composition with depth.

I was pretty thrilled that I could still make a picture a day later!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Asher, the image using the Fuji is simply astonishing !
It is very beautiful, indeed ! The colours and the shape of the leaf are gorgeous. I do like it very much !
I have to try something like this one of these days...
Thank you for the inspiration ! :)

Asher Kelman

Asher, the image using the Fuji is simply astonishing !
It is very beautiful, indeed ! The colours and the shape of the leaf are gorgeous. I do like it very much !
I have to try something like this one of these days...
Thank you for the inspiration ! :)

I really was thrilled with the fact that I could deliver more with the richer image and far more devoted mental effort. That leaf on the ground, by chance not yet crushed, a survivor from a fall, meant something to me.

But I was tired and had to leave careful work until I rested. At least I had one snap before I crashed and was asleep!

Often the next day, opportunity has been lost, and just keeping the leaf indoors is enough to let the magic escape.

......So I was, as I said, thrilled to satisfy my instincts in working with it the next day.

But you are one of my most admired friends. That you’re moved too, gets me “over the top”!

Nirvana!

Asher

Antonio Correia

In Sry Lanka my wife was admiring the beauty of tobacco leafs. We even bought two of them. What a good fragrance they had...
Back home, they were placed on top of the cupboard for a couple of days.
They lost all their charm as they cracked and slowly fell in pieces...
Next time they must be placed between two surfaces under pressure. Next time ! :)

James Lemon

Big difference between the Iphone and the GFX rich in texture and tone! I think you are on to something Asher try a few elements in the bowl.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I can't see a leave out of context. Only the pigeon made the leaf visible.

They appear to be a couple out for a walk.

_DSF7186.jpg

Asher Kelman

From one of the strangest trees: seems to have apples in clusters on the trunk! I noticed a Fallen Leaf which has for sone reason acquired amazing colors!

Asher Kelman: “Leaf in Caffé Latte”

Asher

Peter Dexter

On a visit to the Amazon a friend and I were with an Indian guide on a quest to photograph birds when suddenly ithere was a downpour. As we stood with our ponchos covering our cameras waiting for the rain to let up our guide (who wasn't bothered by the rain at all) explained to us how the birds got their colors. He said in the beginning there was an earth mother who had two children, a boy and a girl. One day she realized someone was having relations with the girl and decided to set a trap. She painted the girl with a substance that would leave a stain on whoever was laying with the girl. Sure enough the boy found himself stained and tried all manner of things to remove the stain. Each time he tried a different substance it produced a new color in the birds. Nothing worked and finally he tried to scrape it away with a Yarumo leaf (Cecropia sp.) which has a surface like sandpaper. He scraped and scraped until he began to bleed producing the color red in birds but he couldn't remove the stain. The mother then saw he was stained and banished him to the night sky where he became the moon. To this day you can see the stain on the moon. And that's how the birds got their colors.

48114597852_c0a54e44b8_b.jpg

I suspect we all have favorite leaf pictures. I have taken plenty of photos of them but the one I'm showing I took last spring. It was a leaf that hung on with just a bit of curl between some wooden slats
and I just fell in love with it. Hope you like it too.

Asher Kelman

OMG, Kaus!

This is superb and I didn’t have to take my dropper out and have my grandkids freak out!

With just a little work you would show the birth of dark matter!

Asher