• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Street Color Challenge: A Fallen Leaf!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is how fine photography should be done! The colors and shapes are amazing. They remind me of a fine tree photo I've seen recently but with fall colors!
Tony,

You have made barely sufficient intelligent responses to hold off being banned and reported. But you seem to underestimate us!

You need to be first a photographer yourself and share pictures as a member of our community. Absent that foundation of genuine involvement, your both smart comments and links, at present, are gratuititous!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Fallen leaf as a shadow

G8A1493.jpg

From my "Chaleur" series.

Or on ground…

_G8A1387.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

You are naturally far more meticulously honest than I am. It might be related to French High School Curriculum with an emphasis on Civics.

You have so conscientious in your photographs in reproducing colors and textures exactly as they are. I remember how you were so astonished and angry when someone “reinterpreted” your carefully reproduced colors in a boat interior according to his own taste!

I wrote once here about “Factive” versus “Fictive” photography. The former is strictly documenting, albeit with artistic sensibility. The later is governed by maximizing the emotional power and impact on the viewer and “truth” serves the spirits hopefully for the better.

Your work has to be far more disciplined. You pretty well print close to how you compose in the viewfinder!

I take a picture and then adjacent overlapping views as my work begins anew in front of the monitor screen!

Noe back to your leaves below:

Asher

Asher Kelman

This photograph has not been edited it seems! It’s soft, gentle with golden light from behind our left shoulder. It could be enjoyed any size but I would pray this is a MF image and could be printed 1-3 meters high on absolutely flat board. I would be seated in 1 meter in front of it in a high backed chair.

Then I would enjoy it by myself, viewing it, (eyes open for 5 minutes and then shut for 20 minutes), so I could meditate, free myself of concerns and Muse!

Still, I can very well imagine that I would have impulsively “cleaned up” the left edge to complete the blue grey stucco b.g.

I likely would have emphasized the Leaf shadow too.

...but then that’s not the “Truth” of the matter and mostly foreign to you!

As a result the patient observer, at ease in front of this print, will realize that there’s richness that exposes itself when we allow the image to talk to us. The upper right golden light reflects the sky and creates a mood for musing.

My reactivity to “imperfections”, “clues to flaws” and “imperfections” in editing, (which may come from my job as a cancer physician), would have destroyed French Impressionism and this delicate experience.

I treasure your honesty and more “Factive” approach to Art!

Asher

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
This photograph has not been edited it seems! It’s soft, gentle with golden light from behind our left shoulder. It could be enjoyed any size but I would pray this is a MF image and could be printed 1-3 meters high on absolutely flat board. I would be seated in 1 meter in front of it in a high backed chair.

Then I would enjoy it by myself, viewing it, (eyes open for 5 minutes and then shut for 20 minutes), so I could meditate, free myself of concerns and Muse!

Still, I can very well imagine that I would have impulsively “cleaned up” the left edge to complete the blue grey stucco b.g.

I likely would have emphasized the Leaf shadow too.

...but then that’s not the “Truth” of the matter and mostly foreign to you!

As a result the patient observer, at ease in front of this print, will realize that there’s richness that exposes itself when we allow the image to talk to us. The upper right golden light reflects the sky and creates a mood for musing.

My reactivity to “imperfections”, “clues to flaws” and “imperfections” in editing, (which may come from my job as a cancer physician), would have destroyed French Impressionism and this delicate experience.

I treasure your honesty and more “Factive” approach to Art!

Asher

Asher Kelman

But that’s your discipline and rightly so..

....and perhaps why France stands up to Donald Trump: the truth matters!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Return from a walk, I discovered two fallen leaves. So I style a sprig of a generously flowering row of flowers to accompany them home!

Asher Kelman: Fallen

Asher

Asher Kelman

Time has sped on, although we have hidden from life these last 9 months!

I found this leaf on the sidewalk and decided to keep that memory.

3E4D78B9-6F7C-499E-B805-A70A59CC565C.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Fallen Leaves“

Asher