• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge - "Field" Portrait

Roger Lambert

Here is a portrait of a boxer, who was happy to have his photo taken about half an hour before his fight. :
medium.jpg

Here is a candid of taken at a Bar Mitzvah.
medium.jpg

and another candid from the same affair. Funny - I love this one - but the parents of the Bar Mitzvah boy don't see it at all. :D
medium.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Roger Lambert said:
Here is a portrait of a boxer, who was happy to have his photo taken about half an hour before his fight. :
medium.jpg
Hi Roger
Nice shots indeed,
Would have been interesting to see a second portrait of that boxer, say…1 hour later…

nyschulte

100th anniversary

This is one of a long serie I took on the occasion of a combined 100th anniversary
(my mom and myself: 60 + 40) :)

Showing
my dad

68541449.MTH4zvHg.centenairecentenaire_166_D204472.jpg

While most are reminders of the event, some are (for my part) interesting keepers:

68541377.KMcdIeHs.centenairecentenaire_139_D204401.jpg

As i was capturing my own birthday, i had plenty of room for some experimenations with available light:

68541406.W7ju5yTM.centenairecentenaire_150_D204428.jpg

I am very pleased with the Nikkor 1.4D/50mm.

The whole bunch can be seen at http://www.pbase.com/nyschulte/centenaire&page=all

Cheers,

Nicolas

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Nicolas,

You Dad is perfect! This is an image of privacy. He is really into the wine in a personal space.

The picture of ?you is charming.

Your mother shows a woman busy getting things for people.

The first two are the best.

Asher

nyschulte

Thank you Asher, i would like to clarify one point:

This is the only photo of the 500+ taken that evening, showing my mom and myself :(

68541228.xLwW02Dq.centenairecentenaire_045_D204093.jpg

No 2 is a friend and no 3 is the restaurant owner's wife.

Nicolas

Asher Kelman

I didn't recognise that piece of meat! First I thought it was a pet dog on its back, so I changed my glasses. What ever it is, it seens to have two heads? Does not look kosher!

asher

nyschulte

Asher,

Well actually yes (if i understand the meaning of the word kosher).

Iit is a young pig, stuffed with meat and some vegetables, roasted on an open fire.

Nicolas

Sheila Smart

This is our dear neighbour, Laurie, 88 and still playing two rounds of golf a week. It was taken in his shed, while he was working on putting an old vacuum cleaner together.

279267934963_vFbOlquI_LauriewithOptikweb.jpg

I used an Optikvervefilter to bring out the "character" in this mono image.

Cheers
Sheila

Asher Kelman

nyschulte said:
Asher,

Well actually yes (if i understand the meaning of the word kosher).

Iit is a young pig, stuffed with meat and some vegetables, roasted on an open fire.

Nicolas

Well, not exactly, Nicolas, even little well prepared pigs are not kosher!

One of those ancient things! Still a good picture.

Asher

Dierk Haasis

pro member
Reminds me of the old Jewish joke:

A rabbi in Prague enters a butcher's shop, points towards a ham and orders, 'Five slices of that delicious looking fish.' The butcher looks amused at the rabbi and answers, 'Sorry, rebbe-leben, I do understand you cannot know this but this is not a fish, it's ham.' Retorts the rabbi: 'Did I ask you for the surname of the fish?!'

Asher Kelman

Sheila said:
This is our dear neighbour, Laurie, 88 and still playing two rounds of golf a week. It was taken in his shed, while he was working on putting an old vacuum cleaner together.

279267934963_vFbOlquI_LauriewithOptikweb.jpg

I used an Optikvervefilter to bring out the "character" in this mono image.
Sheila,

I don't know how I could have missed your wonderful picture of Laurie. Such a refined happy guy!

I've no doubt that the picture was great even before the filter was used. I have never used it. I looked it up and it's a PC software plugin only!!

Maybe you might share the RAW, I'd love to play with it!

Asher