• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Street Color City Trees

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Asher Kelman: Untitled
I plan to photograph the trees in my neighborhood! Update names later!

I like this as the upstart new twig decided to have a go at making a new main branch.

I suspect that the main tree gets heavily pruned and then the tree responds with new growth on the larger bare branches!

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

In the center divider of some wider commercial streets in Los Angeles, trees are commonly planted.

Asher Kelman: Untitled 01

I love this delicate tree as it has pretty pink blossoms and then elongated seeds pods!

Asher Kelman: Seed Pods

And a few months later long pods have grown:

Asher Kelman: Untitled 02

Asher

Asher Kelman

Santa Monica Boulevard has a park that’s only about 500 ft wide but borders the North Side of this busy main roadway though Beverly Hills with flower beds, sculptures and magnificent trees!

This path can be really peaceful and meditative!

8CA319A9-9E8E-495F-BB18-9606C27FDAF4.jpeg

Asher Kelman! “One leg Pose”

Asher

Asher Kelman

Wow, James!

What a cute little visitor. Dash of red is very dapper!

Do you know the name

How did you happen on it?

Asher

James Lemon

Wow, James!

What a cute little visitor. Dash of red is very dapper!

Do you know the name

How did you happen on it?

Asher
It’s a Ruby Crowned Kinglet. I was trying a new lens for wildlife photography .This was something of a challenge shooting these little critters.

Best, regards
James

Asher Kelman

A Ruby Crowned Kinglet!

Janes, did you know that all along? I was flummoxed!

So what lens on what body?

Asher

James Lemon

A Ruby Crowned Kinglet!

Janes, did you know that all along? I was flummoxed!

So what lens on what body?

Asher

No I had the wife do the research. A Nikkor 200 to 500mm budget lens on the Nikon Z6 body. I much prefer primes but I think a cropped sensor would be a great set up too. Something I thought exploring and trying new things.