• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Closing In

Closing In is from my Naturally Abstract collection and was composed at Hopeland Gardens in Aiken, SC. I was struck by how the colors are playing out the cycle of life.

The Artist's Story blog post for this piece can be read here: Closing In

SD16_4015.jpg

I wonder whether this is just autumn changes or disease.

Anyway it’s beautiful!

Asher

Hey Asher,
I'm pretty sure that it is fall coming on. I've composed several leaves of the same type in this area. They make fantastic subjects - especially when they are backlit.

--Steven

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Closing In is from my Naturally Abstract collection and was composed at Hopeland Gardens in Aiken, SC. I was struck by how the colors are playing out the cycle of life.

The Artist's Story blog post for this piece can be read here: Closing In

SD16_4015.jpg
Reassured it’s early autumn!

The colors are outstanding. Interesting that colors depend on the entire growing season weather, not just the nature of the cold spells as folk might imagine.

Asher

Reassured it’s early autumn!

The colors are outstanding. Interesting that colors depend on the entire growing season weather, not just the nature of the cold spells as folk might imagine.

Asher

Hey Asher,
Yes, exactly. They can start turning before it gets all that cold (way before the leaves on the trees start). It's like they've lived out their lives and are just starting to die off. I noticed Tuesday when I was there that they are just starting to come up. And I just did a quick check on the pieces I've created with them and they range from late July to October. We still have 80 degree days here in September.