• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

CMOS sensor - tutorial article revised

D

Doug Kerr

I have recently posted to my technical information site, The Pumpkin, an updated and substantially enlarged issue of my tutorial article, "The CMOS APS Digital Camera Sensor", available here:

http://doug.kerr.home.att.net/pumpkin/index.htm#CMOS-APS

(No, "APS" does not mean "Advanced Photo System", nor is it used in the sense of denoting a general range of camera sensor sizes.)

A principal change is the addition of an appendix in which I describe the organization and operation of the CMOS APS sensor as utilized by Canon in many of their contemporary EOS dSLR cameras (such as the EOS 20D). Thanks to our colleague Mitch Alsup for bringing the information on this arrangement to my attention.

Thanks also to Mitch and to David Greenberg for their considerable help in understanding some of the mysteries of CMOS device operation and for many other useful suggestions on my presentation.

Chuck Fry

Thanks once again for your enlightening articles, Doug!

BTW, I'm having trouble seeing the circuit diagrams in Mac OS X's Preview application. They show up as faint grey lines. I'd be happy to beta-test any future revisions of this article. ;)