• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cuidado

Robert Watcher

Cuidado​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I Ike that! The “care” of the sign was not used for the wall!

I would love to have found it myself and moved the post to the left to have it not covering that battered wall!

Asher

Robert Watcher

I Ike that! The “care” of the sign was not used for the wall!

I would love to have found it myself and moved the post to the left to have it not covering that battered wall!

Asher

You’d have to rip it out of the concrete to move it. It’s warning of tumulos (speed bumps) at that location on the narrow street. Of course the wall is what makes the shot and completes the story, so is necessary - compositionally as well. (y)

Asher Kelman

Robert,

Such decay is a great texture to capture, either in itself, or as a raw material for blending into other compositions.

Here, in Los Angeles, we only see such walls, rarely and most often, in high end Italian restaurants, custom fabricated, by expensive designers, to recreate an atmosphere of an old Tuscan hotel with plaster coming off and revealing ancient Roman brickwork.

Of course, with your striking wall, I realized, if I wanted to get the entire wall I would have to hire workers to move the sign, LOL. I would still need it in the picture, but that wall is so fabulous.

Instead of getting arrested, I’d shuffle, side to side in front of the sign to stitch the whole fabulous geography etched in that wall.

Then I would add back the sign to the left! Yes, I am a cheat and nuts, but used to composing by “re-arranging”, as well as “taking what’s there”, (as you have done), which is already ironic and very well done!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Cuidado
Robert,

This is a beautifully balanced image and challenges us to explore, imagine and its different each time I return. It’s bcoming already like a friend I met and dined withbthe entire last several days!

I am fully committed to this work, just as you have figured it in your mind and executed it for us. This is how I would want it on my wall!

(Still, not having such genuine textures near me, I remain a little envious as what you have represents history, whereas what we have represents commercial artistry to recreate what you can just walk up to!)

Asher