• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Deserted kitchen

Antonio Correia

2021-03-22%4017.35.47-X4.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fabulous, Antonio!

Great abandonment and neglect!

Perfect for Helmet Newton to bring his tall blonde models for a shoot!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Il est toujours impressionnant de découvrir d'anciennes maisons, désertées ou en ruine, je me demande toujours qui habitait là, étaient-ils heureux ? Malheureux ? Que faisaient-ils ? Y avait-il des enfants jeunes et beaux ou méchants et laids ?
Au-delà de cette très belle prise de vue, l'imagination ne peut qu'être interpellée…
C'est un des beaux rôles de la photographie…
Merci Antonio !

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Il est toujours impressionnant de découvrir d'anciennes maisons, désertées ou en ruine, je me demande toujours qui habitait là, étaient-ils heureux ? Malheureux ? Que faisaient-ils ? Y avait-il des enfants jeunes et beaux ou méchants et laids ?
Au-delà de cette très belle prise de vue, l'imagination ne peut qu'être interpellée…
C'est un des beaux rôles de la photographie…
Merci Antonio !
Nicolas,

Tu prends beaucoup plus de mots que moi mais en français c'est dit avec beaucoup plus de beauté!

Asher

rketoimg

It is always impressive to discover old houses, deserted or in ruins! I’d love to see this house explored by someone with some knowledge of history and antiques.

Antonio Correia

This was found when walking through fields without a precize direction, a bit at random. Kind of let's go the west and see what we can find.
It was not the first time we were walking in this area. This time we went deeper to see what was behind a certain point where we had been before.

We arrived to this house and we went inside. I did take some more shots inside besides these three but they did not please me and I erased them all.
It looked like the house had a place for pigs or cows but those areas are so ruined that it is difficult to understand what they were for.
There is however a cistern which still receives water from the roofs. The cistern is under the ground with square openings.
There are other rooms but very very poor light. Certain windows have been closed with bricks but someone overthrow them perhaps to see what is inside and vandalize !

We have to back there again.
The house is in the ridge of the mountain. We can see the other side of the river and the ruins of a mill at the right. So the area is windy !
Houses where people used to live, work, rest...

i-t6scVpg-X4.jpg

i-Cm78BkR-X4.jpg