• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dirty colors

Tommy Rouse

This is my first picture post. I hope it works!

394518076_00555442c1_o.jpg

394518715_dad83b22b0_o.jpg

I took these today with my Canon 30D, my 24-105mm f/4 IS Canon lens.

Critiques are always appreciated.

Tommy

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Tommy,

Your post is fine. Just an error with [uel] instead of to indicate an image to be displayed.

I like both pictures. Brothers?

Anyway they do seem impish and fun!

This is with a favorite lens, the 24-105 f4 IS. It seems to be more popular than the 28-70 2,8L.

I'd still prefer the extra stop but with IS this is great.

You do have a pleasant OOF b.g.

In both cases, these tight portraits work in that they capture some essence of the boys nature. They have high impact in that it makes one feel one might know these guys from these pictures.

Still, I'd love to see more as they're great subjects top be shot also in full body.

Then that is where background might also be included or not for added interest and context.

Anyway, I hope this is the beginning!

Asher

D

Deleted member 55

Hi Tommy,

I love that lens.

Your outstanding photos show how great a portrait lens it is.

I sold my 24-70 f2.8 L after getting this lens.

Tommy Rouse

Thanx for the commits. These are brothers that live behind me. I just got this lens last week. I shot a basketball game with it last night. I had to go to ISO 3200 and the pictures are very grainey. I should have used the 70-200mm f/2.8.

Tommy

I really like the second one. The pose and the colors, with a hit of red speaks to me. I find the red of the hoodie in the first one to completely overpower the face and even the dirt!! I think it's just down to the curse of digital reds though.