• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Does anyone know what this plant is & what is it doing

Jim Olson

IMG_1960 E1 C12 S12 crop.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Amazing that there are some 23,000 species of spittle bugs. That foam hides them!

oh, I nearly forgot, Janes.

No need to spray the plants with insecticide!

Just hose away that foam and they will be gone and the plant no worse for it!

Asher

Jim Olson

Not a problem. I was showing Lars one of my spots to shoot the Mtns. It's just a field off the path.

IMG_1956 E-2 S11 C12 Str -3.1.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Not a problem. I was showing Lars one of my spots to shoot the Mtns. It's just a field off the path.

View attachment 4853
This is simuch a glorious set of clouds. Tripod and bracket or else just underexpose by two stops and process in RAW. Noise in the grade won’t matter. Try shooting such a scene with the camera vertical and overlapping, so you can get the top of magnificent clouds.