• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

DxO Photo Lab 4 noise reduction (DeepPrime)

Cem_Usakligil

Yesterday, DxO has announced the latest version of PL, which is PL4. This has a so-called DeepPrime noise reduction mode which works (according to DxO) directly on the not yet demosaiced raw file and does the noise reduction and demosaicing in one go. I have been testing it using a range of my own high ISO images and my mind is truly blown. I have compared the PL4 images to the results I get from LR/ACR/PS, Topaz Denoise AI and C1 Pro. None of these come anywhere near the unbelievable images PL4 delivers. If you shoot lots of high ISO/high noise images, I recommend that you download the trial version (30 days functional) and give it a go.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yesterday, DxO has announced the latest version of PL, which is PL4. This has a so-called DeepPrime noise reduction mode which works (according to DxO) directly on the not yet demosaiced raw file and does the noise reduction and demosaicing in one go. I have been testing it using a range of my own high ISO images and my mind is truly blown. I have compared the PL4 images to the results I get from LR/ACR/PS, Topaz Denoise AI and C1 Pro. None of these come anywhere near the unbelievable images PL4 delivers. If you shoot lots of high ISO/high noise images, I recommend that you download the trial version (30 days functional) and give it a go.
Sounds valuable!

Thanks Cem for the tip!

If you have examples that you are allowed to share,,that would be a huge bonus!

Did they happen to mention if it works with other than Bayer pattern like Fuji uses in its APS-C cameras?

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

I didn't do screen captures and I don't have the time to do so right now, apologies. I am not trying to convince anybody, people should do their own testing and see for themselves.
The software works with Fuji cameras too.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I didn't do screen captures and I don't have the time to do so right now, apologies. I am not trying to convince anybody, people should do their own testing and see for themselves.
The software works with Fuji cameras too.
Much appreciated. I had imagined you might have rescued 10 year old precious images!

It does appear to be a significant advance.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Thanks Cem,
I'll give it a try, I see that now DxO handles the Pentax 6455 Z and K1 MkII… :)