• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Escape to Tranquility and Distraction

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I looked down from the upper balcony of the Westwood Plaza and could see folk cut off from the present in personal and private distractions. The sharpness of their image needed to be degraded so I used a watercolor filter in Photoshop CC 2021

4180B04B-43B9-4FE2-828C-39C2339EAA8F.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Safe Harbor”
Fuji GFX, Techart AF Adapter + Canon EF 50mm Macro
Topaz Impression, Watercolor

Pretty amazing to observe folk utterly lost in their own distractions in a busy commercial mall! Could this also occur in a Shuk in Morocco or in Farmers market in the USA?

Add your own!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I saw a couple like that at a Seventh Day Adventist college. Two bible study students talked only about Jesus, the boys hands over gets grasping the Bible.

Yet they were lost, intoxicated in each other’s gaze, as the subject of their actual human interaction was solely infatuation and need to meet again!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Serene, Antonio! A beautiful composition with interesting rock formation and reflection of the endless expanse of trees!

There must be a lot of wildlife in the banks!

The water is so still and flat with no sign of waves! Is this a lake or a hillprotected estuary or river?

What is the green and blue to the left and a tiny speck of blue on the left in the bg?

Is this a place to escape to or is it damaged?

Idyllic or sabotaged by tourists trash or workman’s tools or tarpaulins?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Perfect contribution, Wolfgang!

Unique, calm but there’s effort being spent in the bg that doesn’t alter the peace!

it adds a rhythm, a silent man as machine endeaver, a kind of emotional metronome as texture to the otherwise still scene!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Another ice cream happiness person! She is slim, works out, a nurse and loves her chocolate-covered icecream bar!

D6B0BCF1-0409-4DA1-B77B-28BC630030F5.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Heavenly Chocolate Treat!”
Fiji GFX Techart AF Eos Adapter
Canon 40mm Pancake Lens

Is this a very intense distraction through taste and cold and accelerated meditation?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher, that is the Indian side of the boarder with Bangladesh and the blues (which I will clone) are laundry to be washed.
Are you dreaming of Fiji ?

Wolfgang's image reminds me the one bellow I made a couple of month ago.

i-DTSHGrs-X4.jpg
You are so right, Antonio!

What does it so perfectly is tge subtle but powerful sky!

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Wow, Wolfgang!

I am delighted this idea is opening up so well.

Now we need a patient fisherman with a line by a river!

Asher