• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Evening Skies: Heaven on Earth!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Coming West in my “Lyft” car, I had was mesmerized by the amazing sky on my right, West and South West!

I only had my iPhone but was grateful for that! I used Snapseed, but will over the weekend in PS, I promise.

Asher Kelman: Sky Art #1
IPhone 11X Max
Snapseed

Asher Kelman: Sky Art #2
IPhone 11X Max
Snapseed

Please add your own Sky Art pictures!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
There are strong halos around the trees of the upper picture.
Please delete snapseed from your iPhone ! We're waiting for the PS version :)

Robert Watcher

Funnily enough, I somewhat agree with Nicolas. In that you appear to be far too reliant on processing for fixing photos - and I have noticed recommending that type of idea has been a trend to other newer or less experienced photographers on the forum.

In this image, the use of Snapseed or PS will not make much of a difference. There is only so much that you can do with an iPhone image - especially when it has been used in low light - before the image just falls apart. As well, you cannot correct or sharpen blurred trees that will always be a result of taking pictures through the window of a moving car. They are just nice keepsakes for your own memories.

As for Snapseed, it is very convenient to have with you, and contains tools that do an excellent job at most basic enhancements that can give a little sparkle to already well produced images. Like any software, it can be abused. So I guess if you are tempted that way by Snapseed - follow Nicolas’ advice :D if you find yourself more restrained when using PS on a computer.

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

Being you used the term Sky Art, I will post this art piece created by a dramatic sky that isn’t contained in the frame. It is printed on heavy Fine Art Watercolour Paper.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

I really like this photo, Nicolas, but do you need all the foreground? Not having the top of the mast, makes me wonder?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Tonight, as we finished dinner we noticed the skies were being painted!

422F317A-FA6F-48AD-800A-F8CFB5652FA6.jpeg

Asher Kelman: Lilac Painted Sky

It was as lilac and gold was being dabbed with a giant brush, all over the sky!

Asher