• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We are fortunate to have a great view from my back yard!​

I was swimming and looked at the sky and ended up only swimming 3 lengths as the sky was changing fast!

A2A06BBB-F4E9-4DA4-BBC9-B47A46C4B9EE.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Sky Beast”
Fuji GFX 10 images stitched on Autopano Giga

Asher

James Lemon

Looks like a gateway to the heavens. At first I thought from your description that you had composed this picture while lying on your back floating in the pool.

Asher Kelman

Thanks everone!

Every so often we learn to really appreciate our slice of life. I was simply amazed at the beauty as I was swimming on my back. Couldn’t get out of the water fast enough!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Cirrus.
High altitude ice crystals.
Fine weather.

Do you swim naked, Ash? Now that’s freedom.
Yes, Tom!

But Wendy said that if I continue going commando, we have to increase our upstairs-lodger’s rent as she showers me with rose petals from her bedroom balcony!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Then I had a moment without my Fuji camera but there was a crescent moon above with silhouettes of trees on the rainbow-colored sky.

50D48B2B-AAFC-4320-B105-233A853B7EB0.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Crescent Moon 90210”
I also have pictures from a day or two later with my MF camera to process!

Asher

Asher Kelman

87F38759-455C-4148-855E-683D83AB867D.jpeg

Each night we try to eat outside to a new amazing sky. Someone was trying to convert me so I could be saved and go to heaven.

I reassured her that I appreciated her good intentions and love, but for me it was so especially unneeded!

I am in heaven already!

I can’t feel that I could deserve anything better in my life, now or in the future!

In this time of others suffering and losing loved ones, to be so privileged to know one’s family are well and safe AND see the beauty of nature, can’t be upped by anything other than cures for illness and peace on earth!

Asher

Asher Kelman

2F5F1AD8-020C-425C-BCBE-1AC8961205C6.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Evening Prayers”
Part of the great sky are the context of the trees reaching up!

Hope you agree!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Just as I turned into the alley behind my house, a girl passed on her bicycle!

66655DDA-D600-493F-B2EE-A7E5C9DDC056.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Masked at Sunset”

What’s interestingvto me is how the cables above, the alley and the silhouetted buildings all help to set the cyclist as a person of interest!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Tonight the clouds gathered in a strange way both comforting and menacing.

DDD5C8D3-37B4-4CF1-98F7-77EC419746EC.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Tear Gas Sunset“

I guess it depends which side of the oncoming tear gas one is at!

There was actually no tear gas, here in Los Angeles, just at the Nation’s Capital, but it was on our mind. Who would gave thought that the US White House would send militarized Police to fire rubber bullets and tear gas at peaceful unarmed young Americans exercising their rights to peaceful protest!

This was heavy on our minds all during the falling evening light!

Asher

Asher Kelman

63F654BF-AD32-4324-94D0-CF4CDD30BB05.jpeg

Asher Kelman: Father’s Day

The fine screen texture is real. I was shooting theough the window. Now am done in by the Fathers’ day Beer.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Once again our sky caught on fire after a 105 F hot day, never heard of in Beverley Hills!

F2E61049-1B48-4BD1-A53F-83BC342EDA7D.jpeg

Asher Kelman: Oven!

Asher

Starting to take global warming seriously. Apparently a trans global weather arch of atmospheric energy linked our heat wave with the current Typhoon Haishan hitting Japan, Koreas........ and Snow in the Mid West of the USA!

Asher Kelman

Today it was only 100 degrees F!

AA0863C8-C800-4AAD-B33C-0B64173AE988.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Respite”

Likely we have a trapped layer of smoke from the Northern California fires!

I think about how shocked the dinosaurs were when the sky caught on fire!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Obvious dark smoke from the massive million-acre Californian fires has disappeared, but the sunsets still fire up the sky from residual fine particles!

The same alley shown in post #13 above.

DE0338A4-80E8-412D-B5CB-A7CCB9AFA6AA.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Fire Alley!”

Asher Kelman

It amazes me how the sky appears to catch fire. Tonight I made a piano stitched from my humble IPhone and used a Topaz Impression chalk smudge filter to abstract all the detail.

FE009394-259D-423E-B31B-B02C12584189.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Sunset Chalk-smudged”

Asher