• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Fjallabak Nature Reserve

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
In the interior Highlands of Iceland.

fjallabak-reflections.jpg

fjallabak-folds.jpg

For more images in the series, go here.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In the interior Highlands of Iceland.

fjallabak-folds.jpg

Rajan,

Perhaps you should give individual titles to your pictures as they are distinguished!

I am so pleased to see careful technique delivers such an impressive B&W image. This is a great job and once again hows how advanced the 5DII is as an imaging instrument. The film-like quality adds an extra dimension of nostalgia that a museum addict can enjoy! When one thinks of the picture appearing in the tray in the darkroom, then one knows the digital process here is good!

These pictures really deserve to be shown one at a time as they are well worth the individual attention and each gives a satisfactory and agreeable experience.

What is you exact method of changing to B&W: you desaturate, convert using "Mode" or assign and remap hues to grays? However you do it, it's appealing to the eye.

Thanks for sharing.

Asher

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
What is you exact method of changing to B&W: you desaturate, convert using "Mode" or assign and remap hues to grays? However you do it, it's appealing to the eye.

Thanks for sharing.

Asher

Asher,

A lot of the credit has to go to Nik Software's superb Silver Efex Pro plug-in for Photoshop. I have played around with it a lot so when I see a colour image I instinctively know which of the 15+ available presets I want to narrow it down to. After I select the preset to obtain the 'global' look, I then work on the image to make 'local' adjustments by placing Control Points. Sometimes, as a final step I might use a combination of Curves (non-destructive) and the Highlights/Shadows (destructive) operations in Photoshop.

HI! your images are positively stunning! I'd like to be able to give the same power to those views, this strength is awesome...But, I'd like to see more...Keep on posting!!!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher,

A lot of the credit has to go to Nik Software's superb Silver Efex Pro plug-in for Photoshop. I have played around with it a lot so when I see a colour image I instinctively know which of the 15+ available presets I want to narrow it down to. After I select the preset to obtain the 'global' look, I then work on the image to make 'local' adjustments by placing Control Points. Sometimes, as a final step I might use a combination of Curves (non-destructive) and the Highlights/Shadows (destructive) operations in Photoshop.

Rajan,

Nik Silver Efex Pro does a great job. It redistributes hues to shades of B&W. Each option does it differently but predictably, allowing one to be able to use the filters creatively.

I'm impressed with the Nik control points as being one of the most creative additions to picture editing in a long time.

Asher