• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We added a newborn girl to our family so I am giving a picture to celebrate. These are sent as baby-bringing midwives to plan the next delivery!

65638ED3-932D-4225-9DCC-3E72E5503133.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Midwives”
Fuji GFX 32-63mm
Adobe Camera RAW
Topaz Impression
NIK HDR “D
eep”

If stalks can do the job, flamingos can do it with more flair and they have a lot more helpers!
Technique: I first cleared the bg. of distractions between the trees, removed a remnants of a partial bird that moved into the frame, made sure the beaks were sufficiently illuminated and then moved to “Impression@ to get a less distinct and more painterly derivative and finally used NIK to make the image fully dimensional.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Congrats to the mother !
An almost surrealistic image.

But they are watched by some other flamingos! Family? Helpers?

Flamingos.jpg

Having babies nowadays needs a huge confidence in the future… Kudos!

Jerome Marot

So, this is a photograph which you transformed to look like a painting? The result is quite impressive indeed.

Did you know that the association between girls/pink and boys/blue is quite recent? It used to be boys/red and girls/blue...

Asher Kelman

So, this is a photograph which you transformed to look like a painting? The result is quite impressive indeed.

I wanted it to be part of a magic world!

Did you know that the association between girls/pink and boys/blue is quite recent? It used to be boys/red and girls/blue...
I didn’t know that.

I wasn’t even thinking of the pink color of the flamingos. What do I know, esthetically, they were flamboyant pink suited stalks! Ideal for delivering and caring for newborns. My daughter in law said that she loved the idea of childbirth and wanted to plan another ASAP! So I thought, those stalklike birds have a job to do!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Congrats to the mother !
An almost surrealistic image.

But they are watched by some other flamingos! Family? Helpers?
Having babies nowadays needs a huge confidence in the future… Kudos!
Nicolas,

Thanks for your beautiful “helpers”!

Re: babies and the outlook?

I have immense confidence in the future. Most people are good, generous and compassionate. Go to any house of worship. The congregants will give the shirts off their back.

Children are far less prejudiced than their parents and grandparents. Enough of them have a heart for others and the planet.

Yes, we do have arrogance and breaking of public trust by exploiters such as many politicians and popular leaders. But our institutions and the ordinary people are our defense for democracy.

I trust my sons and yours and grandsons and grandaughters to safeguard humanity and the planet, despite some evil people and the natural dangers we face!

Tell your wonderful son, we are short of babies! It’s true.

Asher

Beautiful work, Asher. I must admit hoping to see the little baby, but you've done well. As Nicolas, I also was stunned by how it looked so much like the Adobe Photoshop image. Well done! and congrats to you grandpa and your wife and of course, to the happy couple! :) Maggie