• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flower and perfect bokeh

Antonio Correia

i-qtxFfsk-X2.jpg

Antonio Correia

Jerome, what attracted me the most is the superb bokeh it renders.
As you know it returns fantastic portraits witch I like so much to do.
It was good choice wan't it ?

Antonio Correia

Today I made two. I confess that the background was not the best and that I have to be careful about it.
For comment and evaluation IYP. Thank you.

i-vtsHLXC-X2.jpg

i-Jnh48tg-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher, Jerome asked to see portraits with this lens.
I see and that’s fine,

..... I had just shared a picture of a flower and then saw the portraits and felt I had posted, in error, in the older forum for “Portraits in Natural Light”! So I deleted my post only to realize this was indeed your new thread but Jerome had asked for portraits too! My confusion - nothing done wrong on your part! It’s also an important topic.

Your new lens is a winner and I think more useful than even the awesome 85mm in the same series.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Today I made two. I confess that the background was not the best and that I have to be careful about it.
For comment and evaluation IYP. Thank you.

This to me is startlingly agreeable! Very flattering. Interesting fellow and adorable woman!

The backgrounds are no big issue in either case. You still have leeway to reduce clarity in Adobe Camera Raw to just the b.G.

What happens to the foliage also depends on its distance from the main subject in focus!

“Perfection”, anyway is that
constant enemy of “wonderful”!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Antonio,

I enjoy seeing some of the b.g. To provide a setting, just like this. It is a full well composed scene!

BTW, the EXIF has the lens and shutter speed, but Aperture is read strangely as F=0.0 ?

Do you recall the setting on this fabulous Sony lens!

Asher

Asher Kelman

And here again for comparison is my shot with an iPhone XS Max with twin lenses, and the b.g. Lens set for F=1.4

Asher Kelman: “By the Wayside”

When will we start to see such wizardry in our pro class cameras by Sony, Fuji, Ricoh-Pentax, Canon and Nikon?

Is there some reason why it doesn’t make sense? A wide angle bullet lens added to the high MP body of a pro camera would mean one can shoot more with lighter 85 mm lenses as standard and less need for longer lenses outside of birding!

Asher