• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Flower Portraits

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I often use leaves in place of people.

But now I want to look closely at flowers as entities with some identity and personal value, so they become compatriots and perhaps companions too.
FCB457E8-5149-46ED-BA5F-BBCB126F4AE7.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Bird of Paradise”

Asher Kelman

Thanks Ignacio and James for your generous remarks.

I am trying to devote the same attention to flowers that we give to formal sittings with paying commissions for formal portrait studio work.

But this is just a picture snapped of a flower I noticed in someone’s from garden when I visited my son!

But it could we’ll be that the Fuji GFX 50 MP accounts for the quality of the file. But perhaps the same could be achieved with any camera.L!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Here with the iPhone XS Max edited on the phone with just Snapseed! I don’t see the nuanced tonalities as well here.

It could be that one needs the finer control of editing in Photoshop CC or other desktop full fledged software.

3AE5938B-5331-40AC-A891-7DE4003A49C9.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Orange Protea”
iPhone XS Max, Snapseed

Asher Kelman

These are stunning photos, Asher! Incredible chroma! Sorry I'm late to the party with this one, man.
I appreciate so much nature. Also when a rust chain or spike is found in a farm fence or buoy.

Your visit is a treat! Hope it might come with the enthralling images your many FaceBook fans get to enjoy!

I am never jealous of those that earn millions, have two hourglass sauntering babes on the arms or own yachts, but I do unabashedly admit yearning and lusting for pictures beyond my current reach!

Post natural landscapes and I will add flowers, portraits of animals, my muses and scans, (or computer generated graphics or movies), of my new sculptures!

There I said it!

Welcome back!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Its the flowers that energize so many species, not least of them the birds you showcase. Thanks, Tony!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Thanks, Ignacio,

Tge house across the street was rebuilt over two years and then sold. The new owners gutted it and removed the flowers I loved and planted these fascinating ones!

Then it was silk and demolished and now they are erecting a steel framed giant house!

But I still treasure these flowers!

Asher

Asher Kelman

As you know, Asher, I love flowers and all of these are beauties. The last one makes me wonder what it will grow up to be. :)
Thanks for the visit and love!

Now something pure!

One of the muses who supports my work is Yeney. She did pop in two weeks back, masked, of course, but just a quick visit to check on this old couple!

F75EDE82-6E1A-4B0D-BE35-348BB64CB78C.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Cala Lilly for Yeney”

Thanks for the visit and love!

Now something pure!

One of the muses who supports my work is Yeney. She did pop in two weeks back, masked, of course, but just a quick visit to check on this old couple!

View attachment 6230

Asher Kelman: “Cala Lilly for Yeney”
This is one of my favourites flowers, I love the simplicity and pureness that it seems to have, somehow it remains me of the goodness of a mothers love :)

The water drops creating an organic fractal patter, are just sublime!

Asher Kelman

Such a beautiful Calla Lily. Ignacio's comment is right on the money as apparently the white calla lily symbolizes "purety". I like the water droplets as it makes it feel so fresh as right after a rain. Very pretty!
Exactly! It was just after the rain and at the place where Yeney posed almost a decade ago!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Now something far more delicate: a pretty relative of the culinary garlic!

In the UK a “Society” flower!

Here it’s simply “Agapanthus”, a 12 mm tubular form with expansion to 5 petals.

B536B997-3E1A-40D9-B543-184A76D026D2.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Our Last 2020 Agapanthi”

Asher

I like this and like how the vase looks like a huge flower seed. Very pretty. Looks like you used some plugin to get the watercolor effect. Pretty good! :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

I like this and like how the vase looks like a huge flower seed. Very pretty. Looks like you used some plugin to get the watercolor effect. Pretty good! :) Maggie
Thanks, Maggie,

The precision of photography is sometimes too clinical for lyrical dainty subjects. There needs to be Leonard Cohen’s “cracks in everything” to let the light in.

Precision and engineering perfection opposes the beauty of fairies and goblins needs in our art.

So I try to deconstruct the mechanical industrial patina of perfect pictures sometimes when it over whelps the spirituality of the natter.

Asher

wareds

Wow, this looks amazing. I had no idea that a flower could look like something alive. You can immediately see that the work by a professional. Nowadays, it is extremely difficult to find photographers who know how to catch the perfect moment for a photo and cool process it. When I wanted to do a photo shoot with my boyfriend, it took us a long time to find a photographer who would have beautiful works. We had already given up hope of finding a good photographer, when we accidentally stumbled up on https://www.wanderlustportraits.com/windermere-photographer-locations/. We were amazed by the photographer's works. Since then, we often turn to this photographer for cool photos.

Last edited: