• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Flowers in a Vase

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
They are giving Limoncello to taste. But the vase on the liquor stand captivated me so I purloined it for a few moments!

I placed it on some stairs with back lighting.

Asher Kelman: Limoncello

Your pictures and comments most welcome!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Another perspective showing the stairs.

Asher Kelman: Limoncello & Stairs

I love the idea of leveraging on other folks creative work in choosing and arranging flowers!

I think of it as “Stealing Beauty” with no victims!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Incidentally, here is my Southern Window I put in to catch the morning light!

Asher Kelman: “Morning Light!”

Asher

Asher Kelman

My wife supplies my flower needs and habit when I shoot nudes in my studio!

87A5B0EB-67B9-4F6E-9273-B010A031B089.jpeg

I loved this gift!

Please comment and perhaps share your favorites too!

Asher

Wonderful images, Asher. How lucky you are to have a wife that supplies you with flowers. Pretty flowers, all of them, but the Calla Lilies are simply out of this world! :) Maggie

I don't often post images here because I do a lot of flowers and don't want it to be overwhelming and boring for you all,

But since this is the challenge I will put some of my latest to share with you all.

Blue by the Window: Russian Sage and peaches
bluebythewindow.jpg

Asher Kelman

Maggie,

You couldn’t overwhelm us!

You make such clever and artful compositions with teapots! The one is reflective of the peaches the other with polka dots is the anchors for this pictures “Universe”. It pulls us in to the photograph so effectively!

Glad you keep the window where you can!

Asher

Maggie,

You couldn’t overwhelm us!

You make such clever and artful compositions with teapots! The one is reflective of the peaches the other with polka dots is the anchors for this pictures “Universe”. It pulls us in to the photograph so effectively!

Glad you keep the window where you can!

Asher
Thanks Asher, but I think that you are the only one that cares. It's fine, I'm resolved to believe it is what it is. :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

Thanks Asher, but I think that you are the only one that cares. It's fine, I'm resolved to believe it is what it is. :) Maggie
Be open to the idea that most folk look, admire and don’t comment!

There’s always a fear that ones remarks will be considered not up to the standard of serious art critique, as if such qualifying criteria exist!!

I doubt that my remarks are unique to me!

I just say what I feel and am grateful to everyone that visits!

Asher

Be open to the idea that most folk look, admire and don’t comment!

There’s always a fear that ones remarks will be considered not up to the standard of serious art critique, as if such qualifying criteria exist!!

I doubt that my remarks are unique to me!

I just say what I feel and am grateful to everyone that visits!

Asher

It's fine Asher,
I will still come here a couple times a week and see what's going on. I may miss somethings, but I usually always find something interesting to leave a comment on.

As for me, I don't post often, (and nothing to do with this thread) but in general, because the lack of response has made me feel that the photogs here, think my work is not good enough for this group of well established and fine photographers. As you know most of my work ends up on Facebook, and even then I don't post everything.
I still appreciate all your kindness and I will still continue to visit and see what the others are doing.

Much Love, Maggie

Asher Kelman

Beautiful flowers, Wolfgang! Great density of blooms and unique variety!

What are they?

Very clever to have the concept of a “flying carpet”.

Might you perhaps experiment further in using this motif but rotating the cloth 90 degrees so you can try a vertical composition next time, if it tickles your fancy! Some folk HATE prods or suggestions, if so, ignore my ramblings on the matter. I just love this picture!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Wolfgang,

Where did that metallic finish vase come from? Is it that or the mat that your wife contributed?

Asher

Asher Kelman

I like this settup
Robert,

Other people’s flowers often are not what we’d choose to buy, so “stealing beauty”, like this, has advantages! We get novel arrangements and a vase that we’d not likely own either.

So it’s akin to street or beach photography, where anything can turn up!

Asher