• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Flowers & Plants with Water Drops!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Plants don’t just get “wet”. The water beads up according to different rules on each plant.

The differences can be remarkable!

A start:

Asher Kelman: “Cala Lilly in the Rain”
Add yours!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Peter,

I like these!

Succulents like these became popular here only in the past 10 years or so. Before that it was a rare indoor plant!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Interesting how the water clings to the edges of the Cala Lilly flowers but slides of the succulent edges!

Also the size of the drops vary more on the Lilly. I think the the surface tension is much, much lower on the succulents and so, perhaps, fine drops coalesce more easily.

Asher

Asher Kelman

The rain seems to slide fast away from the succulent leaf edges!

The Cala Lilly edges appear to grip the New rain drops longer!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Superb colors, superb framing!
But what is it ?

If it were not an iPhone shot, it could be printed really large, that would be superb (did I say superb?) on a wall…
I have this with my GFX too as you have been my conscience when I take short cuts. So I went out and repeated the shots after warming up with PG Tips British Tea.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Superb colors, superb framing!
But what is it?

I believe it’s this Succulent, Crassula platyphylia

The variety might be Crasula Bergundy platyphylia

If it were not an iPhone shot, it could be printed really large, that would be superb (did I say superb?) on a wall…

Which picture are you referring to? I would have imagined the raindrop-laden white Cala Lilly to have topped your list for printing!

Well, I will now review my GFX versions and hope they are as wonderful!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I believe it’s this Succulent, Crassula platyphylia

The variety might be Crasula Bergundy platyphylia

Thanks!

Which picture are you referring to? I would have imagined the raindrop-laden white Cala Lilly to have topped your list for printing!

Sorry, the Lilly seems to "easy", a perfect catch but well…
I'm referring to this one:

e90b0607-7920-4b95-a3a7-5af7d49a1e02-jpeg.3740

Well, I will now review my GFX versions and hope they are as wonderful!

Not done yet?