• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Forgotten places of worship

From yesterday, wandering around Pennsyvania and stumbling apon these abandoned churches.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We find that a “Ruth Evans” died aged 27. What other markers did she leave in her very short lifetime?

Dying at 27 for a female suggested among other risks, childbirth. By 1880 it was still hazardous to deliver a baby.

We are left to wonder what cut her life short.

Your chance find of the cemetery at least makes her name remembered once again!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
David,

I hope you have a lot more in this series. It’s like you are shining a light in the dark corridors of forgotten people. People like us!

Are we seeing the reflection of a crucifix or, is there a cross in the room behind the glass?

In any case, your journey to photograph forgotten churches and graveyards is a worthy task I am pleased to follow with you!

Asher