• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Forgotten places of worship

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We find that a “Ruth Evans” died aged 27. What other markers did she leave in her very short lifetime?

Dying at 27 for a female suggested among other risks, childbirth. By 1880 it was still hazardous to deliver a baby.

We are left to wonder what cut her life short.

Your chance find of the cemetery at least makes her name remembered once again!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
David,

I hope you have a lot more in this series. It’s like you are shining a light in the dark corridors of forgotten people. People like us!

Are we seeing the reflection of a crucifix or, is there a cross in the room behind the glass?

In any case, your journey to photograph forgotten churches and graveyards is a worthy task I am pleased to follow with you!

Asher