• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

from one end to the other (from the train terminal to the castle) Himeji, JP

Steven Sinski

from the train terminal to the castle in the city of Himeji
_DS91633_DxO copy-X3.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Steven,

This is an impressive and busy city view!

Do you commute back and forth or is Japan part of your settled life with home and family.

Do you now speak Japanese?

Have you acquired new tastes?

Asher

Steven Sinski

1- i go as needed/wanted. both work and pleasure is a factor. settled life? more like the unsettled version :LOL:.

2- many can and do to an extent, but for me it can be a major source of amusement to others at times.

3- new tastes? can't say i have after all the years of going there. i appreciate the basics that are "Japan". i am still an "observer" and actually like and appreciate that status/POV. it can and is quite useful.

Last edited:

Steven Sinski

i was actually on the platform waiting for the light to die down. it was not a particularly sunny day to start. just worked in my favor in the end.

the platform i was on was specifically placed as part of the train station for that POV
20230329_180749-X3.jpg

_DS91638_DxO copy-X3.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
C175ADDE-3EC2-4983-82FA-475848BB4A7B.jpeg

Steven,

Such an effective composition with both ancient and modern architectural idioms and colorful night lights.

So vivid and memorable. I really enjoy this view!

Is this from further along the platform, the other side or a different location entirely.

Asher

Steven Sinski

i use zoom optics. so i just moved a little closer without physical effort:) just waiting for them to light up the castle and finally they got around to it as they do every evening.