• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Great Egret Other Day

Don Ferguson Jr.

Late breakfast !
Don

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
That's the whole tomato there...flight, water drops, and a score for the Egret.
Chris,

“The whole tomato”?

The whole “Shebang” is one of the most common forms of this “The whole....”, expression, together with “The whole enchilada”, “The whole caboodle” and “The whole thing”!

However, I couldn’t as yet, find any use of “The whole tomato” before you used it here!

Language customs are fluid and evolve! Perhaps there is a relation to tomatoes used in the red spicy sauce sometimes added to enchiladas in the
“Whole enchilada”

....and then it would be a “metonym” in which part of a thing, represents the entire thing, such as the phrase, “The Kremlin” represents “The Russian government officialdom and power structure”!

So I wonder if you found “The whole tomato” in use, or made it up?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Late breakfast !

Don,

As Chris points out you have such a complete and perfect scene!

I love it too! We see the birds behavior and success and flight out of the water!

It’s beautiful and better than an Audubon drawing, as this bird is still very much alive!

Asher

Chris Calohan

Chris,

“The whole tomato”?

The whole “Shebang” is one of the most common forms of this “The whole....”, expression, together with “The whole enchilada”, “The whole caboodle” and “The whole thing”!

However, I couldn’t as yet, find any use of “The whole tomato” before you used it here!

Language customs are fluid and evolve! Perhaps there is a relation to tomatoes used in the red spicy sauce sometimes added to enchiladas in the
“Whole enchilada”

....and then it would be a “metonym” in which part of a thing, represents the entire thing, such as the phrase, “The Kremlin” represents “The Russian government officialdom and power structure”!

So I wonder if you found “The whole tomato” in use, or made it up?

Asher

It is a commonly used term in this part of North Florida. I guess it is because we eat a lot of "mater" gravy on buttermilk biscuits.

Asher Kelman

I’m impressed with the 7D! I have one too! The 100-400 II IS, doesn’t lengthen when focused, so one can use circular polarizers! How is it with extenders? What about birds in low light in the trees?

Asher