• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Guarapo Girl

Peter Dexter

In downtown Cali there are people selling guarapo from carts. The cart has a small gasoline engine that runs a press. Sugar cane is run through the press producing a sweet, cool drink called guarapo. Lemon is usually added. The drink is supposed to be good for whatever ails you. The lettering mentions kidneys, prostate and menapause.

19931730489_1f52f62708_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What sort of image file did you use, Peter? It downloads as a .jpg but then can’t be recognized as an image?

I did copy it as a screen capture!

052310F7-C01E-41C5-B788-7241FAC644E9.jpeg

What a colorful picture. She herself is such a delight with her woven and dyed hair and beautiful features. Her coloring and her yellow blouse sets off so well with the stained wood of the cart and press!

One look no doubt is the cure for prostate problems and a recompense for the losses of menopause! [Though not any obvious solution for kidney problems, LOL!

Looks like the machine is lovingly made in a small workshop. Is this one unique or perhaps part of a company that then rents out the stocked cart by the day?

Also are these pushed to the sale site or towed there?

Is this current?

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Peter Dexter

This was taken a few years ago. I don't know why the file was odd. Just uploaded the original to Flickr. You see various of these carts around Cali. They can't be cheap what with the little motors. I don't know how they gat where they are but they are wheeled. The girl is certainly just an employee. She is about to squeeze lemon to add.