• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gypsy dance in Bordeaux

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The wide shots (but I didn't do super wide) including the entire stage are necessary for the company to show the entire ballet to theater owners so they can buy the entertainment...
Detailed shots are used to promote dancers sensitivity and skills and emotions…
I have always feared having to take pictures of a whole stage for theaters, dance or bands. Unless there’s smoke and lights it’s often mentally stressful for me as a singer or ballerina gets to become an unemotional object once the rectilinear forms dominate the composition!

Walt Disney Concert Hall by Frank Gehry takes this into account by having the stage itself with the mammoth wooden organ provide a fitting curved and glorious background.

of course I understand the need for wide angle shots but they frighten me as they are the most difficult of all!

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Sometimes, large shots may be nice looking at…
Sorry for the bad iPhone 7 IQ in low light :~(

2018-03-04 152536-277490.jpg

2018-03-04 170914-418840.jpg

PNEUMA
Pièce pour 23 danseurs
Créée le 17 mars 2014 au Grand-Théâtre de Bordeaux
Chorégraphie, Carolyn Carlson
Musique, Gavin Bryars
Musique électro-acoustique, Philip Jeck
Lumières, Rémi Nicolas