• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi from North Essex (UK)

As I've recently signed up I feel I ought to introduce myself.
I work as an Analytical Chemist using a wide range of techniques (some of which are optical).
I've been keen on photography for many years, covering many of it's genre - including efforts from microscopy to astrophotography as well as some very wide shots.
I shoot quite a bit of near IR as well as visual, and occasionally try UV too (my results in UV are very limited)

For the past 8+ years I've been involved in a local Photographic workshop (like a club but more involved in learning together than in competitions). Some of the sessions I've lead have probably been too technical for many members, but the practical parts have occasionally given rise to very successful follow-up sessions. At least no-one has fallen asleep in my sessions. :geek: